Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sunrise, sunrise...looks like morning in your eyes

The other morning I was woken up at 5:10am. I wasn't quite sure why, but I was pretty wide awake, and thought..."hmm...maybe I could get myself up to see the sunrise on the beach?" Pretty quickly I decided, "Eh, no way" and rolled back over. I could NOT fall back asleep, though. I decided I'd nudge at Declan and ask if he'd go with me to watch the sunrise. To NO surprise at all, he basically was like, "Psshhhh NO"....which I expected, and he turned back over and went back to snoozing. So, I wrestled with my thoughts for a few minutes, but felt more like an hour...and decided at 5:25am, I was GOING. I got on my yoga pants, sports bra, and tank top....searched for my husband's iPod, tied my sneakers tight, oh yea...and grabbed my camera, for evidence I got up this early. I ran down to the beach (about 2 blocks)....and found myself a nice little place to plop down in the sand and watch this gorgeous display of lights and God's majesty in the sky before me. I turned on Shawn McDonald's, Beautiful.

Perfect.(yes, I took this!)

As I look off into the distance
Watching the sun roll on by
Beautiful colors all around me, oh
Painted all over the sky
The same hands that created all of this
They created you and I
What a beautiful God


After I watched most of the sunrise, I walked blocks down the beach, then just all around for about two miles. The Lord and I....we had a nice time. ;-)

Oh yea, and the proof? You asked for it. You got it. No makeup and all. I'm raw, I tell ya.








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    And so is the picture of the sunrise.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunrise is gorgeous! Great shot...you should blow it up and frame it! :-)

    ~Renae

    ReplyDelete