Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

F.A.I.T.H.

I've been reading Walking with the Women of the Bible, by Elizabeth George. It's a really great devotional that helps the everyday 2008 woman connect to the beautiful women of the Bible. I love it so far.

They talk about Sarah (formally Sarai) and Abraham. Sarah was an amazing lady of faith. She stuck by her husband, when he did dumb things, and he stuck by her, too. Sounds all too familiar :-) One of the things I love are the little tidbits of things that you can hold onto with you all day and just dwell on.

I love this:

"How can we look forward and faithfully follow God when circumstances are bad? Here's a great acronym!

Face Forward. Real life happens in the present, and God's blessings happen now and in the future.

Accept your circumstances. God uses the difficulties of life to help you mature and grow in Him.

If you're following God, you will find Him in all of your circumstances.

Trust in the Lord. God will keep you in perfect peace when your mind is focused on Him.

Hope for the future. God is a bright star who will light your path in the present darkness."

My new prayer is for more faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment