Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

365 days as husband and wife.

One year ago today….at this time, I was getting my hair done up like a princess, and feeling like the most lucky girl in the world. I was getting ready to, in a few hours, see the love of my life and make a covenant with Declan to God in front of our friends and family. I wasn’t nervous, not in the slightest bit. I had been waiting for this day for a long time, even at my young age of 22. I knew that I was marrying my perfect match. My entire year of planning for this very day was all worth it, and every detail turned out awesome. My groom, he looked so handsome. I remember seeing him out of the bridal suite window, and my heart jumped a little. I started to tear up because I knew that in only a few short hours I could finally call him my husband. I remember peeking out the window and saying, “Oh my goodness, he just looks so adorable!” He did. When we had our “moment” together before the wedding (since we did pictures before the wedding)…the joy inside me was like no other. When I came walking down that aisle of trees, and you at the other end, facing the opposite direction in anticipation…I couldn’t help but want to leap into your arms. When you turned…you stepped back, and gasped, you held your stomach…you literally lost your breath. You were crying. I was crying. It was a beautiful moment. I am so glad our first moment together was able to be private like that, because hours later when I came down the aisle to you…I was able to have the biggest smile on my face, free of tears and non-runny make up : -) . Through the entire ceremony, I was giddy. When asked if I would take you as my husband, I shouted, “HECK YES I WILL!”, and I meant it. Everyone laughed. You choked through the vows, I was surprised how emotional you were, and your mom’s eyes were turned on like a fountain, too. When we were finally able to kiss, you laid one on me….and when we got to walk down the aisle as husband and wife, I screamed, “I have a husband!!”. I didn’t care about what anyone thought.

The rest of the night was not a blur at all, in fact…it was the BEST party I’ve ever been to. We had SO much fun with all our friends, and our family….dance, dance, dancing the night away. My feet hurt so bad the next day! We were literally almost the last people to leave, we didn’t want to stop the party. It was a b-l-a-s-t. You were my husband now, I loved calling you that. Today, it has been a year. I still love to call you my husband, and I’m proud of you. I love going out with you, and in fact, sometimes you say…”Why do you love me so much?”. I am pretty much obsessed with you, in a good way. Nothing sounds better than a Friday night spent curled up with you watching a movie. You still are always my favorite company to have. I think you always will be. You were my best friend before we started dating over 7 years ago…why wouldn’t you still be now? I love living life with you. I love going to bed with you and waking up next to you. I don’t ever get bored with you. You make my life complete, and that statement, as lame as it may be, is so, so true. I am blessed by the man you are, and you have allowed me to be the best wife I can be. You have allowed me to walk in freedom, and I thank you for that. Thank you for being the husband God has called you to be.

I have said this to a lot of people in the last few months…but the first year of marriage, for us…was a piece of cake. It was full of joy, fun times, making decisions, buying our first house, loving eachother, and being ourselves. I feel so honored to live life with you by my side.

Happy 1 year, baby!

1 comment:

  1. awww yay! it was a very fast year! love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete