Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Lyryn's Day


Today is Lyryn’s day. She turns 26 today. I am so proud of her for who she is, and knows herself to be. I am proud of the strong woman she is becoming. I love her as a best friend, and more so as my sister. I love Lyryn because our friendship is never boring. We love each other so much, that we often treat each other like poo b/c we feel that comfortable with one another. Funny, I know. We are so similar in a lot of ways, and so very different in others. I envy the calm, cool, and collected mother she is to her son. She is a loyal wife. This girl needs to be celebrated, and today is her day. I love you, Lyryn Kay, and happy birthday girlfriend. ☺

As tradition stands….

To Lyryn, on her 26th birthday:

I can’t believe another year has gone by
People often say that your life will fly

At 26 you’ve been through a ton
To you, it feels like everything under the sun

Through all things you’ve been molded and shaped
Into God’s perfect “You”, he did make

So on this birthday make sure you know
His hand of protection is with you wherever you go

Let the light of Jesus shine through your eyes
This is the year to stop believing the enemies lies

For you are a strong, brave and amazing girl
So let your light shine to all the world

This day, your birthday, your special day
May you be celebrated in every way

For the person you were, are, and are going to be
Best friend, Sister, counselor, supporter, you are to me.

I love you.

Happy 26th!

~Katie

1 comment: