Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

My God shall supply all my needs

So, ever have one of those days where you are just finally fed up with your hair enough that you are ready to just give it a good cut again? Well, that has been me for the last week. I have been putting it off for a few reasons. One, I am just trying not to "spend" too much money these days (Just paid my mortgage for the first time, today...ouch!). Secondly, I'm having an internal battle because I have a wedding to be in come December, and you always think about what type of cute do you can have when your hair is cut too short. Well, I finally had it. I have to do what's best for me. So, I decide I am going to do it, I am going to call a new place. I have a salon that I have been using the past few years, but...I just keep feeling like they aren't the "best" for the younger generation. So, with the new move, I figured I would try the place next door.

So, I give them a call...and am hoping, crossing my fingers, praying that maybe, just maybe they could squeeze me in today, because, cha....you know...my hair...it just can't wait. The lady tells me that they are just so busy today, and she really couldn't get me in until more like 6pm. I am a good wife, and know my hubby comes home then, and with the combo of that, and a friday night...I don't want to be hearing snip snip when I could be enjoying dinner and a movie with the mr. man. So, she says...."how about tomorrow morning?" Tomorrow morning? Okey Dokey. Worked for me. She says..."Are you a new client?" I tell her absolutely yes and that I'm excited to try them since I am hoping to find a new place to give my business.

So, I didn't quite get exactly what I wanted...but, nevertheless...this hair will be taken care of tomorrow.

----Reminder: still feeling a little guilty about the money, well, because...its not Super Cuts.

So, after lunch, I go to the PO box and get our mail (because our lovely townhome development is too stinking lazy to put in our cluster box which should have been in...umm...3+ weeks ago, yea..cool. Not.).

In the mail we got this packet, a 'welcome packet' of sorts. It says something like, "Welcome to the neighborhood!" When I got home, I threw it on the counter and forgot about it. A few minutes ago, I was cleaning up some things, and saw that packet again. Lately, I've been more thrifty with things like coupons, and decided to take a look inside. First I see some little coupons for local medical care, and oil changes....and OH MY GOSH you can't believe whats next (well, I'm sure you guessed it but I'm still tickle-me-pink excited)....

ONE FREE HAIRCUT AND STYLE
AT ___________ SALON AND STYLING

****FOR NEW CLIENTS ONLY****

That's me! That's me! That's me!

Now, I don't have to feel guilty for getting my hair did tomorrow. I also know why they were "booked" and I couldn't get in earlier. I wouldn't have gotten my "welcome packet" and wouldn't have gotten my free hair cut and my little blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment