Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

ucky, mucky, and yucky

That describes today. It is rainy and horrible out today, and blustery and cold. There were leaves swirling and twirling out in the rainy air today, really! I felt like I was in an old winnie the pooh movie or something. I can't remember the last time I've seen leaves swirling in the air all around me.

As a pre/sorta mid-warning, if you have not already realized, this blog entry will be a random hodge podge of things.

So, Declan has a deadline for a website which left me kind of alone for a saturday. Not cool. You know, one is the loneliest number. So, I got in my car insisting not to sit at home and do nothing, and just went out. Where to? Don't know. When in doubt...call mom and dad. They are always out doing random things on a saturday. Just my luck, I missed breakfast out, darn it. Breakfast out is my ultimate favorite. Love, love, love breakfast food. However, they were checking out the new Marshalls Home Good store that just opened. So, I met them there. That store is holy-cow-awesome! Apparently everyone else thought so too...the parking lot was INSANE. It felt like christmas in there (not because of all the decorations) due to the high quantity of people and the line that was backed up 50 people.

Recession? Really? HA. I laugh.

So, this leads me to another random thing to post about. My dad and I were talking today, and it's just amazing how crazy busy it was out in the shopping malls and stores today. All you hear on the news is that we're in an economic recession, and money is tight, and oh-no-we can't afford anything anymore. But, really people...let's admit it. Most of us are all still out living our lives like nothing is going on. Because, to put it bluntly, if the economy is not directly affecting you, you're living life the same. Right? Now, you can understand why it's hard for someone like my dad to accept this 'recession' because back when times were really bad (depression era), the stores had to shut down, the parking lots were empty....you see what I mean? Now, I'm not naive enough to think that there really aren't hurting people out there, who have lost their jobs recently, etc. However, I just can't seem to piece together how it seems so so so normal still for most Americans.

On that note, another thing on my mind is the elections. Wow. I have to say , I follow the news very closely, and I don't follow one specific channel, I tend to jump back and forth between the very liberal station and the very conservative, to make sure I am hearing as much from both sides. I still am not swayed on my decision. To me, the entire thing is a no-brainer, as to which canidate has the most experience, will not put our country in harms-way, who cares about the jobs and the small businesses (which employ most of the "middle" class), and even moral issues I care about. I am putting all "feelings" aside, I think the choice is clear. I want real, I want no shady background, I want an open book. I think we deserve that. In that respect, again, the choice is clear. I am a 'middle' class american who wants the good of the country, not some measily tax-cut. I'd rather suck it up and see the small business soar, see American's have more secure jobs, and see that more children are able to live. This election has gotten caddy and disgusting. When one party can only focus on how much the vp nominee's clothes are worth, you know you're in trouble. Oh, and when politics is so corrupt that one of our nominee's might have been born in Kenya, and they aren't really looking into it, hence possibly going against the US Constitution. Great. (note sarcasm)

Ohhh, I could go on and on , but I won't.

Another random thing, on a totally light subject. My parents are going to a halloween party tonight, and they needed help getting a costume together. I helped them out, and we went to the party store. They both got wigs, my dad got a cowboy hat, they got some flannel/plaid shirts, and my dad's funky false teeth are the best. He is going as a red-neck hick kinda dude, and my mom is more of a country/cow girl diva. Very funny. I can't wait to see pictures, because I have NEVER, ever seen my parents dressed up. Really!

So, on this wonderfully, windy, and random day....

I think I'm going to bake an apple pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment