Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm sad today

We've lost another wonderful person on this earth...and heaven has gained him. I am sad. My friend, Storm, from workcamp, who was only 17 years old has died today. During the year I was on Reach Staff, he was with us often, becoming super close to all of the staff. I see him every year at camp. He is a light. He was like a little brother to all of us. He loved the Lord with all his heart. He worshipped him with a relentless pursuit. He had a family that loved him and tons of friends, and a beautiful girlfriend. He had a wonderful group of youth group friends in Portsmouth, Ohio, and belonged to a great church. He died in such a shocking way. A friend and him were playing around with his friends new bow and arrow...it somehow (they aren't saying how) went off, and shot Storm in the chest. The friend pulled the arrow out, which I think was the first mistake. He died while in surgery at the hopsital. I think what's harder for his friends and people who know him is the way he died, and how unexpected it was. We must live every day like our last, and always make sure we're in right standing with the Lord. I am speaking to myself here, but it's a wake up call. We'll all miss Storm here on earth, but heaven is welcoming him now.

1 comment:

  1. kate i am so sorry to hear about this. i remember you talking about him and what a great kid he was. i'm praying for his friends and family.

    ReplyDelete