Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

You should have come to dinner.

Living with only one person, I find getting fresh veggies at the supermarket to be a very difficult task without having them quickly rotting away in my refrigerator because of lack of use in an appropriate amount of time. It's a shame, because I love fresh veggies, tomatoes, avacado's, red onions, lettuce, carrots, etc. But, almost 100% of the time, they go bad. We only cook at our house 3 days out of the week, normally, due to family dinner wednesday nights, and friday is part of the weekend, so we either pop something in the microwave type of deal, or go out. Anyway, yesterday at school, someone...and I'm not sure who triggered me into really wanting fajita's. I LOVE mexican food. So, I decided I was going to the store after school, stocking up on tons of fresh foods and making myself and my hubby a fajita feast. I can't tell you how happy I was (I'm so weird!) standing there at my island, chopping away on fresh veggies, and making some of my yummyness. Here is what my sink looked like after the chopping party:

First of all, let me say, thank god for a garbage disposal. What you will find in that sink (as the picture is a little blurry, I'm aware) is lettuce, tomatoes, avocado's, green onion, red onion and lime. The makes for some awesome guacamole and some fantastic home-made salsa.


Look good? Because...it was. But, I have to say that while I was making it, you of course, have to test it, any good chef does that, right? So, I got kind of full...and only had room for one fajita. But, nevertheless, I have lots of left overs and so thats my lunch today.

I so wish my sister or mother was there to enjoy the guacamole and homemade salsa with me, becuase, well...my husband doesn't like either. I basically made them for myself. Somehow, I have to make him a more adventurous eater. Ideas?



1 comment: