Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Todays perfect gift.

One of my favorite parts of the day is bus duty.

Am I serious?
Totally.
The kids are to die for funny and so darn cute. They are bundled up to the max, and sometimes I can only see their little eyes poking out through their scarf and hats. They still always greet me with a smile and tell me things like....

"Did you know that you're a pretty princess?"


"I have ART in 20 hours and 40 minutes!"

"Wow, I love your earrings, are they made of stone?"

and then my favorite part of today's bus duty...
A conversation with little red-headed 1st grade, Ben.
RedHead: "Mrs. B, I saw a letter for you in my teachers classroom."
Me: "Oh you did? Who was it from?"
RedHead: "I have no idea, but I saw it had your name on it."
Me: "How will I get the letter?"
RedHead: "You need to go down and get it from my classroom"
Me: "Are you sure the letter is for me?"
RedHead: "Yes, I am positive. I sit near the front of the room and I saw it on her desk"
Me: "Hmmm...Okay I'll check into it"

The kids are all out the door, and I forget all about this little conversation minutes later. On the way out to my car I check my mailbox and find this little envelope that looks like it was stuffed with something. The outside of it read exactly:


TO: M.S Balla
FROM: Ben (in Mrs. ____'s class)


I open it and this is what it was.

Ben really tricked me. He honestly did not make any cutesy myseterious looks, I had no idea. He stumped me. Who could this letter be from? But, I couldn't have asked for anything better. It made me smile. And, being that I get about 10 plus drawings/letters a day...something was different about this one. Maybe because he asked his teacher to specially deliver it to my mailbox, maybe because he took the time and folded into a wee little envelope...but, today it was the perfect little gift.

It's home with me, I want it on my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment