Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Funny Kid Comment of the Day

My last class...1st grade. I had just done a very cute little snowman lesson with a red glitter heart with the kids (a favor for the music teacher)...and I was sitting by the drying rack putting their runny gluey snowmen on. I was sitting because my drying rack starts at the floor and goes up, but it hurts my back to bend that low 6 million times a day. I was actually on my roll-ey chair, so I was right at the kids eye level as they were turning in their projects.

One girl who tends to always have a liking for me, giving hugs and shouting my name in the hallway (way too often and sometimes out of line) came up to put her snowmen on the rack. She looked me square in the eye and said, "I really like your face....and your earrings."

I said, "My face?" (thinking she didn't mean to say that)

She replied, "Yea. It's nice to look at. Do you wear makeup? It looks to me like you put that stuff that comes in an orange bottle with that spikey stick in it on your eyebrows (as she's pointing to her eyelashes)."

I said, "
Oh yes....Mascara. It goes on your eyelashes. I wear it."

She goes, "I've gotta get me some of that stuff."

so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment