Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

High Point/Low Point

A few months ago I saw a show on TV where the mother asked her six children every night at dinner what was their high point in the day, and their low point. What I liked so much about that idea was no matter what...everyone always had something to say. It got everyone talking on a level that we sometimes miss out on in the busyness of our everyday lives. So, lately I have been asking Declan this question. I like to hear his answers...I like to know what got him motivated that day, excited, fulfilled....I like to know the low point too. It's telling of people. It's a way to learn more about each other. I honestly think this is something I may want to carry into my family someday.

For now...on days that I don't know what to blog about...I will blog on these two things. Low point and high point of the day.

Today.

Low Point-
Realizing some of the relationships in my life are just not where they should be. Realizing it's going to take work and lots and lots of prayer.

High Point-
Working out alongside my sister...and meeting dumb little goals on new machines. I hated this new cardio machine we tried...but we gave ourselves a goal and we did it. I wanted to stop. We didn't. Leaving the gym feeling satisfied was my high point. Oh, oh, oh!! Getting a scale and realizing this morning that I am 10lbs lighter then I thought I was (or that I was in July).

1 comment:

  1. it was fun conquering that machine and not letting it intimidate us anymore... even it was one of the hardest things we've ever done. haha. i find that setting goals when working out is really helpful. it pushes you to finish it... especially when you're with someone else. glad we got to go together! :)

    ReplyDelete