Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

My desire...

is to be a domestic diva. You all know this...I've expressed it before. But, how...oh HOW do I fall in love with cooking? Is there a trick? Some magic words I can say? Helpppp.

Today I got the urge (okay, I saw that Kesh was making banana bread via Facebook...and got a craving) to make home-made banana bread this afternoon. My first thought went straight to the ingredients. Ingredients are what always get me. I NEVER have the right goods. But, this time...I did! I actually did! I had everything to make this recipe:

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 ounces butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preparation:

Cream sugar and butter; beat in the mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and stir into the first mixture just until moistened Fold in chocolate chips until well incorporated. Pour batter into greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Cover loosely with a tent of aluminum foil. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 3o to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted tests done. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool banana bread completely before slicing.

~~~

I did it. I felt like such a diva. This is the kind of awesomeness I'm longing for. I am getting there...slowing....as I say...."inching my way to domestic divaness".

Sorry to cut this short, but...hubby's home with a pizza!







;)

......What?!
I baked today....I can't bake and make dinner. Inching people...I'm inching.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, love it!!! Thank you Kesh!!! I too am another that fell into the craving of "Banana Bread"... I had a bunch of bananas going bad and didn't want to just throw them away ;-)
    Believe me Katie, cooking gets sooo much better when you have more people "kiddos" to cook for, especially when they get to the age of wanting to help! Trust me you'll get there and love it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Katie! I'm so proud (wiping a tear). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I bet Kesh's recipe is better...I just found this one online. But, I bug Kesh for recipes all the time and didn't want to call her about this one today, so I just searched one. Its yummy! Hope yours turns out fabulous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Yummy! Too bad I hate banana's! But good job!

    ReplyDelete