Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Yard Sales 1.0

This morning was the first time of the season we went out to yard sale, and mannn was it gorgeous out and the perfect day to do it. The sun was (and is) shining, and it was a lovely 74 degrees. Declan and I got up around 8:30, got showered, went to pick up Sue...and off we went.

My favorite thing about yardsales is that you normally can search through a whole bunch of junk, but find one little treasure that makes it all worth it. At our first stop I got this vintage turquoise-gem necklace. It's awesome. It was .50 cents. Can't beat it.

At our next stop I found this lovely pair for a bathroom. It just so happens we were looking for a new 'theme' to roll with in our guest bath...and for $1.00, I found it. I will be painting that bathroom a green color this summer, and getting a chocolate colored shower curtain and other decor. It so happens that for .50 cents at the same yardsale they had two terribly ugly canvas' with roses on them, which I painted over this afternon to match the new theme of this bathroom. Here is a picture for your viewing pleasure:



At another stop we found an unopened, brand new Battle of the Sexes game. Hey, we're a young married couple, and we love games. This just happened to be a favorite, and we didn't yet own it as part of our personal collection. 3 bucks.


All I have to say is...score. I love finding little treasures and spending only $6.25 doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job on the canvases. I had assumed they were pre-done to match the bathroom accessories. You're good!

    ReplyDelete