Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Napkin Note

When I was in elementary school I had a few friends who I sat with all the time at the lunch table. Their moms packed their lunch and they would always get a really awesome note written on their napkins from mom herself. They would read them everyday, and they always pertained to the day. They were special. "Wishing you lots of luck on your test today! I love you!", or "Enjoy your extra recess today. Remember, I love you!" They were awesome.

I would get the occasional note here or there from my mom. Normally on special occasions, if it were a birthday or a field trip. My mom knew how much I liked the notes. I didn't get one every day, and seriously? She was packing 4 kids lunches, so I understand. But, the occasional surprise napkin note was always special and meant a lot.

Last night I headed to bed earlier then Declan and I heard some clanging in the kitchen. I figured he was just washing paint brushes out, because, with the remodel down there and all-it's been an endless journey of late-night painting. He came up and told me he made his lunch and mine, too! It was sweet of him, and wasn't the first time. I really appreciated it, because God knows I have a hard time getting my rear in gear in the mornings as it is.

Today when I opened my lunch I found this, and I smiled. Someone loves me enough to write a little note on a napkin to show me they care. It instantly brought me back to childhood.

Hope you had a smiley moment today.

3 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness! So cute! I can't wait to be a mom who writes her kids notes in the lunch boxes!

    And being overly emotion and pregnant did cross my mind, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Ha! :)

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like both our husbands have finally got the hang of "Love and Respect." Just kidding! They already had it!

    Funny that we posted something like this on the SAME DAY! It must be a sister thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad usually packed our lunches to help my mom out, but every once in a while when mom did pack it, I too would get a special napkin note. Love it.

    ReplyDelete