Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Soon.

Soon I won't hear the pitter patter (more like klunk klunk) of 28 sets of feet coming down the hallway to bombard my classroom...

Soon I won't have funny little stories to share with you about the darndest things my students say...

Soon I won't have to wash my hands every fifteen minutes to avoid getting the swine flu*...

Soon I won't have to pack my lunch every morning and rush out the door, hoping to make it to school with one minute to spare...

Soon I will not have to deal with tattle tales and he said she said that comes along with teaching...

Soon I won't have to feel the pain that some of these students are going through at home...

Soon I won't have to tell kids to clean up, only to tell them again about 5 more times until it sinks in...

Soon I can go ALL day without talking to anyone if I want...

Soon I will have careless days with no real itinerary...

Summer is coming in 4.5 days...so soon.

and sooner then I think I'll be ready to come back because I'll miss it so much.




*please note: the swine flu did not actually hit my school, just adding it for dramatic affect.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you. Summer is the best time of year, isn't it?

    I would love for you to keep reading my blog after I go private. I need your e-mail address to add you though. Could you comment back to me with it? Or are you on facebook? i could find you there and get it? whatever is best.

    thanks for the this young house recommendation. i love that site and spent an hour looking through it the other night.

    ReplyDelete