Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Anniversary Week Part Two/Show Us Your Life

I'm excited because today's post goes right along with Kelly's blog carnival: Show us your life-Wedding Party and Cermony/Flowers.

Perfect.

Dresses, Ceremony and Flowers, oh my.

I based my entire wedding around an invitation I had found in a bridal magazine a few weeks after getting engaged. Here is the invitation (minus the leaves):


I loved the browns, oranges, pinks and gold in this. It struck me. It felt like a perfect combination of artsy and classy. I had decided at that point, I wanted my girls in chocolate brown simple tea-length dresses. Our wedding was outside and HOT HOT HOT (90 degrees or so). Their dresses ended up being a two piece design. I had a lovely second-mother of mine create the sashes the girls wore. They were attached to the dress on the sides (so they could be removed) and were tied in a simple 'knot' on the back. I chose an every-other method so I could get my pinks and oranges in there. I loved the way it turned out.


The guys wore black tuxes with a really nice mocha/chocolate vest and tie. The looked sharp.

(I love this image of the back of their dresses)

(The handsome ring bearer and my man)

(Me and my flower girl)

Flowers.


Ohhhh I also loved my flowers. Gerbers are the best summer flower, ever. We got most of our flowers from Blue
Moon Florist (they are top notch) in the area. Extra's were ordered via Sams Club online. The boys had a simple gerber, either orange or pink. Declan wore a pink rose. The girls bouquets were either all orange, or all pink gerbers (it was opposite then their sash color), and then wrapped in a chocolate brown ribbon to blend with their dresses. My sister, who was my maid of honor had a mix of the colors.


(this is the best image to show you their flowers)

My bouquet turned out amazing. I gave them a picture of the most amazing rose bouquet I'd seen online and they copied it. They sprayed it with some glitter and glitz, and I cried when I saw it for the first time. They added some ribbons coming from it (some artistic license) and I truly loved it.


We got married under an arch by the litle lake. I had my florist decorate the arbor. It was something I forgot to look at on the day of my wedding, but looking back at pictures, I was glad they did it.


You can see the arbor behind my ginourmous smile.

I also made some small bouquets for the chairs, and had rose petals lining the isle.

The last funny tid-bit of info was about my unity flowers. We did this instead of candles because, well, the wind and being outside. The one thing we forgot to do totally was put water in the vases of the flowers. By the time we got up there they were completely bent over and sad looking. I remember holding them up and showing my mom in the front row...and gave an overly dramatic sad face.


See? I told you--it was bad.


stay tuned...


9 comments:

  1. Your wedding looks beautiful! I love all of the bright flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures...and I love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors!! If I had had a summer wedding our colors would have been bright pinks, yellows, oranges. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Cute!! I LOVE Gerber Daisies and once and awhile I browse the net for ideas on center pieces I love it! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. such cute pictures! i love the one of you and the bridesmaids - so funny. it looks like it was a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the prompt idea too...this was the first week I decided to do it. Thanks for following me...I will be following you too now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THE DRESS!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your wedding!!!

    Gerbers are my fav flower, by far.

    ReplyDelete