Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

(Finally!!) a completed powder room! hoorah!

All you need is a willing party with time on their hands:

(that's me!)A very PLAIN bathroom that needs a fresh coat of paint, and some TLC.

Note: The mirror WAS hung...but I took that god-forsaken thing off and THEN remembered to snag some pictures.

TOLD YOU--It needed help.

Next: I dreamed all night about what I wanted to do with this bathroom (seriously..it was rough!) A home depot trip for some "Granny Smith Green" Glidden paint. Next, I went to the garage and spray painted an old ugly mirror white (trust me--its better then that standard builder grade mirror). I had 4 ikea mini mirrors that I also painted white...and went "yard saling" around my house for other goods.

Then, get messy!


....Clean up. (by FAR..the worst part of the whole shabang)

THE BIG REVEAL


Lets move closer, shall we?This little blue owl you see above was given to me yesterday by my friend, Sarah who found two of these little guys in an ugly brown, and sprayed them this nice turquoisey blue. I thought this was the perfect spot for him!

This was a little flower pot I had sitting in a closet. I thought it would work nicely next to the sink with some extra TP storage.


So---what do we think?? I'm pretty much in love. I think I'll be leaving that bathroom door open for a while so I can just look in and enjoy the bright cheeriness of it all.

The ONLY things I bought for this little project was the paint, some supplies, that little rug and the white towel with blue and green stripes. Not bad, eh?






17 comments:

  1. Ooh la la! Love that fresh green tone. It looks like a totally new space! Great job, and thanks for passing along the link. Made our day.

    xo,
    s (& j)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Kate!!! The white accents really make the green pop! Way to go! Isn't yard saling in your own house so fun?I love doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a great job! I love it. When you first said green I thought uh oh but it came out very cute! =0) Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo!! I love the color. In fact, every time I see pictures of inside your house, I love ALL the colors. Mind making a trip to the west to help this color challenged woman out? My house was already painted when we bought it. For the most part i like some of it, but I haven't done anything with the 2 tone blue/butterfly/bee/ladybug room that I use for my office. It's been over 4 years since we moved in. HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinkin' cute!! Perfect colors for a bathroom!! It makes it super fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i LOVE it! it totally makes me want to paint something that color. i would have never thought to use it! super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! it makes me happy just looking at it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cute! I love that green color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Katie, Everything looks great!!! So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks awesome - amazing what you can do with a creative mind and a little fresh paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is super cute Katie!!! You should totally send this to This Young House (I mean Young House Love) as a reader redesign! It is so stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cute! I love the color you picked too! It's so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! Love the blue accent colors and I like how you use the shelf for function and not decor. Plus it's always hard to find a good place for the tissue box... too cute!

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm in love. it's BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL!!!!! good work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH my goodness!!!
    Awesome job. Have I mentioned I LOVE your style??!!!

    ReplyDelete