Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Because blogging is easier then doing my grad work....

I'll tell you about my anniversary present, briefly.

I was first suprised at home in the afernoon with these, and honestly? A man can never go wrong with flowers (unless you're my mother in law who's allergic to everything floral'y smelling)...and so, I was thrilled and felt very special and loved.

Evening rolled around.....

We decided to open our gifts in the car, because we had a decently long drive to the restaurant. Declan gave me a cute little pink bag (that I kept complimenting, because it was so divalicious) and told me to open it first, before the card.

I did--and I found this wonderfully soft, two-toned pink, Jason Mraz tee with a blue bird on it (did you hear me? a bird!! does my husband know me well, or what?) and I shrieked! "Ohhh I don't have a Jason Mraz tee! I love it! It's so cute! It's so soft, oh yay!" I'm thinking wowwww--he is smooth. We had talked about the second anniversary being cloth and how we were going to each do something simple and clothing-like as a gift...and he thought outside the box, and got me a graphic-tee that is very me, had to order it online, and didn't just go to Old Navy...blah blah. I was impressed...at just that.

sorry for the pic of the lady lumps...I was impatient and wore it today.
But then he says, "okay...here's the card". Still, completely oblivious to the fact that there could be more...I open the card. There is some chicken scratch (sorry babe...your handwriting stinks) that says some beautiful words that make me tear up, as always. Then, I get to this little "p.s.". Ohh how I love a good p.s.

"p.s.-Along with the shirt I got you...I couldn't resist...You'll be needing that shirt. Open the flap!"


Yep. As you can see we'll be going to the Jason Mraz concert THIS WEEKEND in Philly! The best part is, the "purchase date" of the tickets was all the way back in May. I don't know how these tickets didn't burn a hole in his pocket--but, man oh man, am I lucky to have such a sweet husband. He seriously blows me away every single stinking time. He's amazing.

Whistling "I'm Your's"...I'm off to go wash my shirt so its so fresh and so clean, clean for Sunday.



4 comments:

  1. Aw! What a great present! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool gift!!! Have fun at the concert!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! And, happy anniversary - fabulous anniversary presents!!! Wow, you teach at two different schools? That's hardcore! I'm not actually a teacher, I'm a school social worker...hence the office. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO SO SO Jealous! I walked into "I'm yours" at our wedding (only on guitar) and I tear up everytime I hear it! I'm so super jealous! have a WONDERFUL TIME! and enjoy your sweet hubby and your anniversary!! :)

    ReplyDelete