Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday Bits

-It's Friday....hallelujah. I know, it's summer...and everyday is like a Friday for me. But, my husband will be home, it's the weekend--everyone's off...it's a whole different feel.

-I'm head-over-heels for headbands lately. I keep finding myself perusing stores for the cutest headbands there are, but of course, always looking for a cheap deal. I just spent some time on Etsy and am currently in love with this:


To see more of her stuff...click here
(ps: i don't know this girl from adam--but her headbands are to die for)


-Has anyone ever been to Christmas Tree Shops? It really has little to nothing to do with Christmas....as I found out last year while looking for an artificial tree. It has the most random, fun things ever...and I literally could just walk through that store finding odds n ends for hours. Today, I found a fun rock-star graphic tee for $2.99. I will say, that is the first time I've ever found an article of clothing there...ever.


-Head over to Angie's Blog and donate $5.00 toward the adoption of her little girl from China--you have the chance to win a Wii...!

-I stopped at GoodWill today...always on the hunt for something cute, something functional, something you can't just find anywere....and I found this:

I thought I could use it in my kitchen someplace...and well, I just like it. Again...$2.99. (What is it with me and that price today?)

-I'm off to a wedding tomorrow a few hours away. My dress was originally $168.00. I would die before I spent that much on a dress. It was marked down to $13.99 at Ross. It's gorgeous, I love it. What do you think?

-I was overly annoyed by other drivers today. People pulling out in front of me, being super aggressive in parking lots, not looking where they're going...what the heck is going on out there today?

-I finished my last grad class for a while! I have 15 credits under my belt. I cannot believe I'm halfway there and I started in January. I'll be giving myself a break to get the school year up and running, then back to it in October.

-I saw some of my students at Wal-Mart yesterday, and oddly enough...it was delightful. I had missed their cute faces more then I realized. I'm getting excited for the school year to start.

-Jason Mraz concert on Sunday, woot woot!

-Keep praying for my sister, mom and little brother who are in Zambia, Africa right now on missions. Read about how the trip is going here.


Happy Weekend!

9 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you're feeling better today! :) that is good to hear. and i am in love with that headband -- i'm going to look at more riiight now. the dress is so cute, what a deal! gosh i can't even believe how much of a discount you got, i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I LOVE that headband! I, too, have been on a total headband kick lately. I especially love any with chiffon-y flowers or felt. I have been loving the feather headbands but don't own any...YET! :)

    Thanks for posting about the adoption fundraiser. I will definitely be donating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cute dress!!! I love good deals like that!!

    I missed you last two posts b/c of moving (boo moving!), but I'm still praying for you and your husband. I'm glad you're feeling better today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was looking at that exact headband on etsy yesterday, i almost got it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had some fun... Great bargains!!! When we both get back from our vacations lets get together and if you want, make some of those cute little headbands ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cute odd and ends especially for that price! Very cute stuff. Have fun @ the concert Jason Mraz rocks! =D Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. <3 the dress!! Would look amazing with some red heels!!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog!!

    <3 Sass

    ReplyDelete
  8. i bet they would be pretty easy to make! i dont know if i am creative enough...
    i ended up getting this one :)

    http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=18291927

    ReplyDelete