Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Headbandtastic!

**disclaimer: I like DIY projects...however, I do not claim to be awesome at them, nor do I claim to know the best way...I just do what seems right. ha...and here you have it.

This morning I woke up and saw this huge mess around my sink...that consisted mainly of hooked together headbands. I have no home for my headbands, and they get strewn about because of this...often times getting chucked under the sink in the cabinets (never to be seen again). This is NOT a very kind home for one of my all time favorite accessories.

So, I thought..."I'm gonna figure out how to organize these today gosh darn it."

...and I did.

I started with a roll of paper towels (I know, right!? I use bounty). I fitted it to my headbands, which meant, I had to unravel a few yards of paper towel. No big deal, because I'll make sure to use them. Then I just taped it down.


Next, I ran upstairs and found some leftover fabric, and wrapped it around the bounty very snugglie (yes, snugglie), left an extra 5 inches or so on either end, and then hot glued. (The seam will be on the back, never to be seen again!)


Purchase or rig some sort of a hangy-system. This is a simple Wal-Mart paper towel holder, that I opted to use vertically. You could do it horizontal, too...I just chose to do it this way to fit the space I had.


Then, put the paper towel wrapped in your favorite fabric (with extra hanging at each end) onto your little rig. I chose to tie my extra with some sea-blue floral fabric that I had already. (The tie will go around the paper towel holder, too, but you'll never know!)


Finally, put all your favorite headbands on like so....step back, and take a picture. Your messy, tangled up headbands will thank you...and so will your husband.


Ta-da! You like?

ps: this was a no-sew project...hence some rough edges here or there, which I totally don't mind. you could definitely modify to fit your own preferences.

42 comments:

  1. haha i just got caught up on your past few blog entries, cuz i've been totally slacking on my blog lately at school. yikes! but, the headband idea is SO clever! i just love it and maaay have to do it here at my apartment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I could definitely use something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This, my dear, is pure genius! Not only do I want one, I want to make one for every female friend I have! I smell homemade Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW--I just wanted to let you know I have an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea!!

    I have SO many headbands and they need a place to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo I read this with my mouth hanging open because thats a BRILLIANT idea and I've never thought of that before! lol I even called my husband in here to tell him! He says "wow! thats sooo cool!" hahaha :)
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're brilliant! you should sell these on etsy or something. haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Thank you for following my blog. Followers make me :o)!
    The whole TTC thing has been a rough road for my honey and I. After finding out I had a bicrate uterus and endometriosis and my honey has slow swimmers and low count we pretty much felt like we were never going to hold our baby. We've since come to terms with the fact that there is nothing we can do other than what we are to bring our precious any quicker. Therefore, we have decided to enjoy each other and the amazing lives we have...Our precious baby "M" will come when the times right. I've put my trust in God.
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My honey and I found peace in knowing it just wasnt the right time for our little one to join us.
    On the flip side, the headband holder is an amazing idea. I'm not a headband wearer however if I was I'd totally make and hang that stylish gadget in my bathroom!
    Your awesome! Keep up the good work on your blog and look for me! I'll be a follower as soon as blogger stops acting like an idiot! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice! and I am glad I am not the only one who loves Big Brother!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh this is freaking brilliant. I may have to try this one day... I love it!

    Thanks for finding and commenting on my blog! I love finding new awesome bloggers and I'm so glad you found me!

    Can't wait to read more!

    xoxo - Ash

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are way too creative!!
    i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh! What a fabulous idea! My headbands are all...you know, wherever. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what an amazing idea!! (too bad I have like 60 headbands - I'd have to buy like 12 of the paper towel racks, haha). Very creative of you, though. You're crafty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looove it!!! So much fun to get things organized too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just love it! that is such a great idea! i need to do this because my headbands are all over!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I <3 your idea...and I'm going to steal it...
    Mine end up on the bathroom sink...then on the floor...then in my dogs mouth.
    haha!

    Now...do you think you could invent something to find the many lost hair elastics that I continually buy and lose constantly!?
    x
    Sass

    ReplyDelete
  18. What do you mean you are not good at DIY projects! That's amazing... I don't even own fabric, hot glue gun, etc... You are way ahead of the curve my friend (meaning me!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's fantastic! :)

    (I'm so coveting your flower headband right now too!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an awesome idea, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO CUTE!!!! WOW.....hmmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Katie, I love it!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is awesome! You really should sell these...they are perfect for every age! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great job loveie… not only is it stylish it’s totally functional. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ok, this is downright adorable! what a great idea! i SO wish i looked better in headbands now :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. so cute!!
    i never would have thought of that??!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So creative!! I wish I didn't look like a complete retard in headbands...they are so cute!

    P.S. Forever21 has some super cute ones for cheap right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's so clever! My daughter is becoming a fan of headbands and loves to do crafts so this might be something we do in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a great idea, especially with headbands being so popular right now!

    ReplyDelete
  31. ok, this is the CUTEST thing i've ever seen! i've just recently jumped on the headband wagon and will certainly need to put one of these puppies together!! i LOVE it!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have been racking my brain lately for an idea of how to store my headbands. I LOVE this idea and will certainly be putting it to use!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is a very unique idea! Good thinking...I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete