Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thankful Thursdays

This is my first "Thankful Thursday" post...and I'm excited. I love to look back, reflect...so, here it goes.

.I'm thankful for tylenol, because without it, my head would be pounding (worse) then it is now
.I'm thankful for a relaxing home and atmosphere
.I'm thankful for a weeklong vacation to the OBX (this saturday) right before diving into a new school year
.I'm so thankful for a job that I like, a lot. Teaching kids has its difficulties, but the rewards are great.
.I'm thankful that my mom and brother are on their way home from Zambia safely

.I'm thankful that my sister isn't staying in Zambia for 3 months this time (only 2 more weeks!)
.I'm thankful for a friend who is house-sitting/puppy-sitting so I don't have to take my pup to the dreaded dog-sitters like last time
.I'm thankful that getting my car fixed was only $106...coulda been worse.
.I'm thankful for air conditioning
.I'm so thankful for neices and a nephew that make my heart smile
.I'm thankful for freedom of expression (whether it be headbands, jewelry, tattoo's or piercings)
.I'm thankful for sisters (I have one birth sister and SIX sister-in-loves)
.I'm thankful for new flip flops that won't break
.I'm thankful for an adorable, sleepy, puppy whose cuddled up behind me.




17 comments:

  1. awww such a sweet post! :)

    & to let you know you're blog made my laptop go wonky TWICE last night!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I just may have to steal it from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post and such great things to be thankful for!

    I agree with Paige, I believe I will be taking this idea and running with it! :) Thnx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love it! :) i hope other people enjoy taking the moment to be thankful for things because its such a mood booster! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I think I started a trend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! And OBX is one of my favorite places to vacation. Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, I'm just now getting a chance to catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! This is a great "Thankful Thursday" post and your puppy is adorable. I am also very thankful for Tylenol and AC! I hope you have a wonderful time in the Outer Banks! I have always wanted to go there.

    I also cannot believe that we live in the same area! I saw your comments on my wedding post and we live about 30 minutes north of Longwood, closer to the city.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am familiar with Chester County. We live in Delaware County!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I took my car in today and it was $196 at a repair shop. The dealer told me it would be minimum $550 regardless of where I went! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so sweet!! thanks for coming by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thankful thursdays!! what a GREAT idea :) i love it. and your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool post! And you dog is freaking adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a sweet little yorkie too that is the love of my life!!

    ReplyDelete