Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursdays

Time for a beach version of Thankful Thursdays....


I am thankful that literally EVERY day here has been GORGEOUS. This is not supposed to happen, there is always one rainy day of vacation...but no....God is good. We are enjoying all the sun-time.

I'm so thankful that I'll be going back to school with a tan. Shallow, I know.

I'm thankful that my puppy isn't being a bad boy at home (yes. I check in.)

I'm thankful for time with family.

I'm so thankful that Declan and I got out to a much needed breakfast date this morning. So fun. So relaxing.

I'm thankful that we don't have to share bathrooms with anyone at this beach house (other then your spouse!)

I'm thankful for a pool. I am NOT a lay at the ocean girl. I could post a whole blog on this, but give me a pool--and I'm there. The ocean? The sand? not so much. BUT...I like being at the pool near the ocean. Weird.

I'm thankful for nail polish to touch up the toes from said pool.

I'm thankful for a permanent reminder of the baby we love that we lost (pictures coming soon).

I'm thankful for the most amazing dinner at Dirty Dicks. Alaskan King Crab Legs=heaven. Seriously.

I'm thankful that Lydia got voted off Big Brother! (just had to sneak that in there!)



What are you thankful for?



22 comments:

  1. AND that Chima left too!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a pool by the ocean girl too. I love the sound of the waves and the smell of the beach, but I'd MUCH rather be in a lounge chair by a pool. :) And I'm SO excited that Lydia got voted off, I can't wait to hear who got HoH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes breakfast dates are even better than dinner dates. i don't know why i just think they every now and then.

    oh and i'm totally a lay at the pool by the ocean kinda girl too. i think on our 8 day honeymoon we only spent one full day at the beach. otherwise, unless we were snorkeling, we were always at the pool which was steps away from the ocean.

    glad you are enjoying yourself

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comment! I'm thankful for the blog world, it's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for summer days by the pool!
    Its still winter here (just) but its getting hot hot hot -I plan on spending my weekend by the pool!

    I also am a pool girl vs beach, I love walking on the beach and taking photos and building sandcastles with my Godchildren but you will NEVER EVER EVER see me go in the ocean.
    I'm in Australia!! I know whats in the water!!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thankful for a summer tan too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, i'm so happy you're having great beach weather! when we were in OCMD the first week in August, it rained a couple of days- total bummer- but set pong up in the garage and drank wine/played boardgames! there's always fun things to do at the beach! and yay for tans.. obviously, everything always looks better tan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I'm glad you're having a great time at the beach! And i'm glad your eating Alaskan crab! :) We may not catch crab but i love people for supporting Alaskan fisheries seeing as how those fisheries support me !:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. do i sense that someone got a tatoo?

    ReplyDelete
  10. All such wonderful things! Touch up toes agreed. thankful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I'm so thankful that one of us gets to enjoy the beach and sun this summer! :-) Right now it's about 62 degrees here in Iowa and I'm wearing jeans! :-( Enjoy your nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am totally a pool girl, too! And I like the pool by the ocean, as well! =.)

    Enjoy your time at the beach! =.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these Thankful Thursdays! Truly soooo much to be thankful for!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw I like it!

    I am not a beach girl...and I live in FL...It's just too sandy! :) But I agree, I would take laying at the pool with the beach as my back drop any day!!

    Can't wait to see pictures!

    PS-I am thankful for coffee today, it has made me really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha.. these made me smile. Hope you're having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lucky! glad you are having a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was most thankful for our outdoor shower! We had one bathroom to share between all the "kids" (6 of us). The shower was big enough to stand in & that was about it. Bring on the heated outdoor shower! It rained 2 days on us, I'm glad you guys had sunshine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel the same way about the Pool, not the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so beautiful, I'm thankful that you wrote it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love yours too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha- I am totally the opposite- I love the ocean. I hate the way it makes me feel all sticky- but I can't get in pools so the ocean it all I have got.

    I am thankful that today is Saturday and I got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete