Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Welcome back....

Today I came home from my first day back to school after summer vacation. The kids start back next Monday. After spending a day in a grueling meeting, I spent a little time in my classroom. The best thing about coming back is seeing your new 'order' of goodies come in. It literally feels like Christmas day. That was the best part of my day.

Upon coming home, the list of "to-do's" kept running through my head. From the moment I stepped out of my car in my driveway, I became overwhelmed with the inevitable. I'm back. Back to reality. No more free summer days, leisurely doing all the things needed to be done around the house. No more of this. Time is not on my side anymore.

Literally, I saw a garden that needed weeding, clean laundry folded but not put away sitting by the washer/dryer, a kitchen that needs some TLC, random bits from vacation ALL over, an unmade bed (this is now the norm since school is back in session, except for weekends, sadly!), suitcases strewn about, and the thought of making dinner haunting me.

This is it. It's back to the norm. No more checking blogs whenever I want during the day. No more random trips with my sister-in-love and the nieces. No more meeting friends for coffee at 11am. No more sleeping in. No more freedom.

I welcome the 'schedule' back to my life, but with some dread. I admit.

15 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! I go back to nannying soon too and I'm not ready to be working full-time again. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment about my apartment! Back to reality isn't fun...school for me starts next Monday too! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a summer break! That sounds like my life every day...I need a vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'll be feeling this come Thursday when I start classes again! Good luck with adjusting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we could just press rewind or pause...since life does seem to be in fast forward mode... Look at it this way, summer will be here again before we know it... And as always so many exciting things to look forward too ;-) Let me know when you feel settled with the new school year so we can plan some time to get together :)
    ~Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know!!! But once the kids come back, and things are in full swing, it feels better. Trust me. This is our kids' second week of school and I feel less overwhelmed, somehow! My house doesn't look better, but I accept that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a teacher {yet - soon hopefully} but i totally get the feeling of not being ready to be back and looking forward to the schedule at the same time.

    hope the first day goes awesomely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are my Mexican food buddy, indeed!!! That is until Susan comes home.. Just KIDDING! WE all love Mexican food lovers!!! Remember when we use to go to Chi-Chi's ALL THE TIME?!?!?!

    Love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aawe that sucks its overrr :( but soon enough it will come again!!! and hopefully ull have fun during the school year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back-to-school stinks and rocks all at once, doesn't it? Sorry (but excited for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure it stinks, but you'll get back to the groove in no time! Hope you have a GREAT day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet once you see those smiling little faces every day, the to-do list at home won't seem so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah i hear you...I'm trying to ease myself into the scheduling so that it doesn't come as too much of a shock when the 11AM to 9PM monday & wednesday classes start in a few weeks.

    Thanks for commenting and following my blog, it is a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, sorry!! I hope you have a fantastic first day though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. just a little tid bit on me....i never make my bed.

    ReplyDelete