Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

The day I cried over McDonalds

We were on our way to the beach for a getaway memorial day weekend...just the two of us. I already had an extremely stressful morning where I had to drive 2 hours away and back again by myself to look for bridesmaid dresses for my soon to be sister-in-law. I was sick of driving, sick of being in a car...and now we were on our way to the beach and I had to sit in the car for another 2.5 hours.

We were starving. We must have been starving because we stopped at McDonalds drive-thru to get something to eat on the go. We were just ready to get to the beach.

This was around the time McD's was advertising their new southern style chicken sandwich, so I figured I'd try it. Declan ordered some random bits from the dollar menu (he's simple). As per usual with the drive-thru, a very unhappy, pubescent teenager hands you your bag of greasy goods, tightly rolled up (so you can't get a glance before pulling away) and mutters, "have a nice day" under her cigarette breath.

We pull away. Down the street we go because...duh...the beach trip. WE WANT TO GET THERE.

I open up the cute little new box that holds my chicken sandwich (thinking it would be something like the chick-fil-a chicken sandwich), and my jaw freaking DROPPED.

Not only did my jaw drop, but tears (YES, TEARS!!) rolled down my face as I screamed at my hsuband, "WHAT THE HECK IS THIS!!?!?? "

My delectable chicken sandwich had a measily little chicken NUGGET squeezed between a massive southern-style bun.

And I wailed. I cried like a freaking baby. OVER McDONALDS.

My poor husband felt so bad (because I had an obviously bad morning...was hungry...and oh.my.gosh.look.at.my.nugget.of.a.sandwich!!!), so he turned around and went back. He looked at me and said, "Should I go in?"

I said, "Look at me!! I have mascara running down my face (omg-I cried over McDonalds people!). Can you do it for me?" and of course he did, like the sweetie that he is.

He went in there and told the lady about the chicken nugget on my sandwich...and that he expected a new one. For our troubles, she gave us a warm apple pie.

Suddenly, my frown turned upside down (because, yum--warm apple pie), and the world was right again.

We went off with full bellies and had a really awesome weekend.

~*~

This was from LAST memorial day in 2008....and now you know one of my most embarrassing moments....thank you, and come again.

26 comments:

  1. came across your blog and it's so very fun to read! That is such a funny story :) I also have some of those days though; I once was starving and found a hair in my fries... I cried

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm sorry hun! I don't mean to laugh. I laugh because I'd do the same thing. What was that pubescent teen thinking? Were they out of patties or something? So odd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can totally see myself doing that some days too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story is HILARIOUS!! Sometimes a girl just has to let it out, no matter the circumstance. :) I'm so glad you have a great hubby that will go inside and get you a free apple pie!! What a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds just like McDonalds. They always try to put one piece of bacon on my breakfast bagel. Not acceptable. I rarely go there though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute and funny! Thanks for following me. I saw your comment on my sad excuse for a blog...have fun at the SYTYCD show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Priceless...seriously. I probably would have done the same thing though. I'm glad everything was made right (YUM...apple pie!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh katie! you make me laugh! but i was sitting there going omg i did that too! only it was a jimmy johns and i had JUST asked for no sprouts and he said sure no problem, then wehn i got my sandwich it had BROWN sticky sprouts and they wouldn't remake it! i was soo mad and just started to sob! THEN they remade it! they might have given you more than just one apple pie if you had gone in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny! I could totally see myself doing that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha that is hilarious!! especially because i just had chicken nuggets at mcdonalds a few minutes ago. :) dont worry... i think i probably would have done the same thing. if i am in the right mood, anything can set me off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha that is hilarious!! especially because i just had chicken nuggets at mcdonalds a few minutes ago. :) dont worry... i think i probably would have done the same thing. if i am in the right mood, anything can set me off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats funny. My honey would NEVER go back for me! =(

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH my GOSH. That is the funniest yet saddest story! Your hubby is so sweet for going back for you.

    Isn't it great what a nice apple pie can do? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, aw I'm sorry for laughing about your sad excuse for a chicken sandwich. That is too funny...at least he went back in for you!

    I feel like it's totally normal to have days like that, where the dumbest things make you cry. I know that I definitely have them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was pretty much my reaction the first, and only, time I ordered the southern style chicken sandwich at micky ds. The pictures are seriously misleading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol! I really don't mean to laugh...but that story just cracked me up! I would of probably of done the same thing...I can become MEAN when I am hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh, that is so McDonalds. I never order anything new, just stick with the same thing! That was sweet of your man to go back for you! I think I would have cried too...hunger always gets the best of me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my word, so funny!!!! Hey, don't mess with a starving girl McDonald's, haha!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha! That is too funny! The best part is I can picture you with mascara running down your face asking Declan to go inside. I always love your blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL! This made me giggle. You're so funny! :)
    Never mess with a hungry gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha, this is so funny! :-) I love reading your stories! I get crabby when I'm hungry as well! So I totally understand how you feel! Hope this Memorial Day festivities start out a bit better for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh.Wow. Katie that story is hilarious! (not at the time I understand) but man - FUNNY!

    We have all been there. There is nothing worse then being hungry and then ending up with BLAH for food. That happened to me at Wendy's once. I didn't cry but B traded sandwiches with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't lie, I've cried over McDonald's before too.... Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I cried over fast food before too. And regular food.

    Oh and just the other day they were cleaning the ice cream machine and so the sundae I went for was a big fat no-go. The manager must have realized I was close to crying as I rubbed my big baby bump and gave me 12 free redbox rentals and 2 free ice cream cone coupons.

    Needless to say they made me smile and then I had to pay twice as much as DQ for ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh too funny!

    Although I did not cry over it, I once got a breakfast sandwich at Mickey D's, got to my husbands wrestling meet to watch him coach, and opened my breakfast to find nothing but a biscuit in the bag. Nothing on it. I was so mad(and hungry!) for most of the day :(

    ReplyDelete