Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dear Weather, yes, YOU.

Dear “Weather”,


Could you please get a hold of yourself? You’re spiraling out of control. It is now the 3rd day of Fall (and unlike most of the world—you know I’m not a huge fan), and yet it’s feeling like Summer.

It’s like you are teasing us. Today, the high is 78. It is muggy, and quite frankly, it’s pretty hot and stuffy. Two days ago it was a brisk 60 degrees, and indeed, felt like Fall. Last night, it rained and poured, and the dog’s feet got muddy while doing his biz-nass.


What’s next?
An unexpected snow shower? Hail? Seriously.


Can you please just figure out some standard temperature for it to be every year, around this time. Because, honestly—I have a hard enough time dealing with the fact summer is over. But, if I can’t even get my attire accurate in the morning, then I’m gonna be all-out frustrated. I’ve had days I’ve shown up to school in a long sleeved sweatshirt and jeans, and a scarf (on dress down day)—and at the end of the day, it was 85 degrees. I was fooled by the freezing cold morning I encountered upon letting Mac out.


Please, save me the embarrassment.


If it’s Fall—then be FALL. Act like it.

Do not be sneaky about all of this ‘changing of season’ junk. Just do it. Man up.


My closet will thank you.

It is overflowing because I can’t yet put away the tank tops and short sleeves, or capris for that matter, yet, it’s too warm (or is it?) for the long sleeves and sweaters.

Get a grip, oh dear, Weatherand BE CONSISTENT!


Grr.


Love,

The dressed for a fall-day, yet sitting in a hot, muggy world, and quite frankly a little bit preturbed lady.



16 comments:

  1. Poor Katie. I am always cold, so I just layer up every day. My denim jacket is my best friend. Hope your friend Weather starts acting right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work in a hospital and live in FL...always have a sweater nearby.
    I am looking forward to the cooler weater though...and the feeling of Fall! (Too bad it doesn't happen til November sometimes!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I totally agree. This weather has been so misleading!

    I left for class yesterday in jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt...totally the wrong call! I was sweating the whole walk from my car to the building. Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd kill to have a day in the 60s, heck, the 70s! It's 92 degrees here. And I'm miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously. I feel your pain. It's been in the 100's here all week. OVER IT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh i agree!! this weather is such a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!!!!!!! This is hysterical!!! I woke up this morning and as I was taking the trash out I was like WHAT-THE... Seriously, it was like 60 last week and now it's like 80!!!! Very cute post my dear, wish you could really send the letter somewhere!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. The weather it's been out of control here too! I mean it was like 100 degrees, than it rained like crazy for ever, than the next day was in the 60s! AHHHH!!!! Make up your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our weather is crazy like that in Kentucky too! We always say, "If you don't like the weather in Kentucky, wait an hour and it will change!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMEN!!!! I wore a sweatshirt this morning and then had to change halfway through the day! It is Fall! Summer get out of here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tomorrow's high: 87. Cute fall clothes? I think not. Then, when I get excited about being able to lay out on Saturday... 79 & raining. Umm..

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is exactly how I felt today too. It was freezing this morning so I dressed in long sleeves and jeans. Then I spent my day at work (nannying) playing catch with the kids and almost died from heat exhaustion. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel your pain. When we lived in Texas it seemed like there was one season- summer. I'm sending you some sweater weather...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh, I'm with you. The weather here in New York is so crazy too. During the day it'll get up into the 70s but at night it's in the 40s! The other day I was observing in a classroom and I dressed in pants and a few layers tanks/shirts since it was so cold when I left. I was sweating bullets by 3!

    When you get the chance, check out the surprise I left you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete