Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

the "dec-kate" covenant

Our pastor always refers to our marriage as the "Dec-Kate Covenant". He's the pastor who married us, and who knows us best. I'm fond of his little term, and we often say it in our house, because truly marriage is just that. A promise, between you, your spouse and God.

So, withthatsaid, how about a little fun survey on the two of us, eh? It's a nice break from normal writing.

♥ What are your middle names?

Elizabeth and Andor. I'm told that "Andor" is a hungarian (or welsh?? I suck!) version of "Andrew". But, my Dec always referred to himself as, "Declan And/Or LastName". Cute, eh? He's a clever one.

♥How long have you been together?
Married for 2 years and 3 1/2 months or so. Together for a total of 8'ish/9 years. Yeaaaa....we were together as babies, practically.

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Maybe 2'ish years? We honestly were best friends for a while. SERIOUSLY. We used to email eachother ALL the time. I have a huge book of emails to prove it. We are the age old cliche about "being best friends first". Hey, it worked for us.

♥ Who asked who out?
He asked me out. On Valentines Day 2002. But, it wasn't necessarily about Valentines Day (at all actually)...we just happened to have a real big heart-to-heart that night and I was fine with "just being friends" [I was hung up on age...I was older then him], he wasn't, because we were certainly acting more then friends. He asked me out, I accepted [slightly reluctant...but knew it was right.] One of the best moves of my life.

♥ Who made the first move?
Him as far as actually asking me out. Since I sort of broke his heart a few months earlier (a whole 'notha story), he wanted to know I was serious if I ever "came back", and I did. So, I made a move then. Point for me.

♥ How old are each of you?
I actually do not mind telling my age at all. I'm 24 and he is 22 right now. We are one year and eight months apart. So, for about 4 months out of the year we're only a "year" apart. In January, when he turns 23, I'm 24 until April, when I turn 25. Make sense? Age has never phased me since high school.

♥ Did you go to the same school?
Nope. None of them. Rival high schools, actually. Different colleges. But, we're still here, and together.

♥ Are you from the same home town?
Within 10 minutes of each other for the most part.

♥ Who is the smartest?
I think he is in ways. I don't know what he would say? I mean, I have a higher education, but that seriously makes no difference to me. He is pretty book smart, and can apply things he learns. I have to work REALLY hard to be book smart. But, I've done it all my life. [Note: I actually had to study...go figure]

♥ Who majored in what?
He has an associates degree in Digital Media (graphics/web design/video'ish things)
I have my bachelors in Art Education (certified to teach k-12), and am halfway done my Masters in Instructional Media (web 2.0 tools to use in the classroom/video/glogs/blogs, etc)

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
I'm more sensitive in that I cry [hello hormones, how are you?]. He can be sensitive about things, but not in a girlie way, like, he often is the one to apologize first because he wants to make things right. [Decode: I am stubborn.]

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We eat out a lot...its true. But, these days, I don't really cook (everything makes me wanna puke!)--so, if we don't wanna starve, we go out. However, our favorites are: Happy Days Diner, Harry's Hot Dogs (great for breakfast), Little Anthony's Pizza, Signature Pizza, and Rocco and Anna's. Basically all of which are local places. None of which are chain restaurants.

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
PA to Arizona, PA to Niagara, PA to Florida (in 48 hours up and back, too)--we don't do a whole lot of traveling out of the country, really. We're working on that.

♥ Who has the worst temper?
Me. Me. Me. I know it, too. Declan says I let it build up and let it blow, and I become ugly. Verrry, very ugly. [Baby, I'm admitting it--you proud?]

♥ How many children do you want?
We'd love 4. You may think I'm crazy--but we are products of big families.

♥ Who does the cooking?
If and when...usually me. Although, he is perfectly capable too. I just get home earlier.

♥ Who is more social?
He is pretty darn social. I can be. We're even? [ps: i used to say he could start up a conversation with a brick wall...its true]

♥ Who is the neat-freak?
He is an insane-kitchen-cleaner. I mean, I should hire him out he's that good. But, I do the day to day straightening and stuff. He does the dishes. We have no "Neat-Freaks" per-say in our house.

♥ Who is the most stubborn?
Totally me. Didn't I answer this above? Stop rubbing it in.

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
I do...just about 15 minutes earlier, though. Declan has always been one to love him some sleep. So, he can naturally sleep in longer then me.

♥ Where was your first date?
Uhh...can't really pin-point it. Something lame, like the mall? Or a movie! Yes...probably a movie. We were like 15 people.

♥ Who has the bigger family?
We both have big families....which we love. It always makes for a fun and interesting time to say the least. He comes from a family with 3 biological kids, and 3 adopted. I come from a family of 4. We have lots of married-in family members, etc....its a good time.

♥ Do you get flowers often?
Not too often. Although I love love love flowers on a random occasion [hint, hint, hint]--it makes me feel like the most special girl in the entire world. I always get flowers on special days though.

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
Together, always. With family. Eating deliciousness. I love delicious food (in a few weeks, even more so!).

♥ Who is more jealous?
uhh...neither of us really struggle with this.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
We were young, but we were serious. We said I love you pretty much right away (uumm...I think even before we started dating...it was genuine). We talked about getting married when we were 15. It was meant to be.

♥ Who eats more?
Sometimes I do. Sometimes him. I can't eat a 12" subway sub...but he can. I also could only get down one piece of pizza last night, and he managed to pound a few in there. So, maybe him?

♥ What do you do for a living?
He is a Supervisor of an Embroidery/Embellishment Department at thefirestore.com (conveniently located RIGHT next door to our development--hence why he wakes up later then I) by day, and then by night, he's a part time Web Developer/Designer, and learner of new programs. Quite the multi-tasker.

I teach kid's. Art. Kinder-Fourth grade. Tiring. But, I do enjoy it. My school is 10 minutes away (love that.)

♥ Who does the laundry?
He totally does it all. But, I put it away for the most part. Only, it takes me days...dayyssss to put it away. Like sometimes until the next loads are being done. oops.

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
him him him. He has built computers in the past, a lot. But, now we use Mac's and won't go back. I suck at computers because he knows-it-all...so I just yell..."babeeeee! HELP!" He comes to my rescue.

♥ Who drives when you are together?
Oh definitely him. Always in his car. He likes his car better. Pshhh.

♥ What is "your" song?
"The Luckiest" by Ben Folds
"You and Me" Lifehouse


13 comments:

  1. Goodness sakes, we have a lot of similarities! We were also friends first, I'm also older, and our song is also "The Luckiest"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be unanimous, I can tell! The Luckiest is our song too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, where have I been!?!? I didn't realize you were pregnant, congrats!! I totally missed that post, but just read it and I am so incredibly excited for the 3 of you!! That's wonderful! 2nd I'm still jealous he does the laundry! and 3rd, I'll be 25 in April as well! It's nuts. Sounds like you two were made for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, everybody all together now:
    "Awwwwwwwwww!"

    I loved reading this! You two sound like such the perfect couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness... you two are perfect together! I loved reading this and getting to know more about you two. I actually just filled out the same survey for Mr. J and I the other night. It was so much fun! :) Thanks for posting this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are absolutely adorable. I can't believe you've been together since 15 and are going strong. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was such a neat way of getting to know you and your hubby. I may steal this later in the week and post it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this was super cute! :) I may have to copy it and post it too haha... and btw i can be pretty stubborn too ;-) haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, we've been together since we were babies too. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO fun! I did this today, too! Love it!

    We went a quad of kids, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Luckiest is one of our songs, too! It was fun hearing more about you and your lovely husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very cute!! Loved reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a little late reading this but I loved it. I think us girls are alot alike. I found myself sayin Me Too! to alot of your answers lol.

    ReplyDelete