Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Dreams are definitely altered reality...I hope.

I woke up in all sort of a panic...with a grueling headache on the right side.

I vividly remember my dream...vividly. I think all the stress from my dream is what gave me that wicked headache I'm still trying to fight off with tylenol and half decaf/half regular dunkin donuts coffee.

Let me explain.

I had the baby already...and I was home the next day after going home from the hospital by myself. In real life, I'm assured this will never happen to me, as I'm making sure Declan uses his vacation for after the baby comes. But, in my dream...I was alone.

I was so tired, and I saw myself waking up at 8am after a good full nights sleep. I looked over, and saw a cradle...and there was my baby boy. I grabbed him in a bit of a panic....

"Oh my gosh--You slept so good, that I forgot to wake you up and feed you last night!!"

He didn't make a peep through the first night, therefore, I neglected my child from the 3-4 hour feedings he needed.

What a horrible, horrible MOM I was...already.

So, I grabbed him, and remember thinking to myself..."ahh..The boob! He feeds on the boob." I whipped it out, and indeed...he fed, for all of 10 seconds before he was 'done'.

I felt like the worst mom ever. In fact, as I started pacing around the house I notice it's in shambles...COMPLETE shambles (which I fully expect to happen when you bring an infant home)...but, it only made me feel worse. Please note: In my dream, my "house" was my parents house. Interesting.

So, then I look down at my sweet little baby boy and think about the fact that I haven't even announced his sweet birth yet on facebook. [Which is of utmost important in this day and age.] Of course, all my friends would want to know his weight...and height....and his name for goodness sakes.

"Wait. What is your name?"

I COULDN'T REMEMBER HIS NAME!

My own child.

I didn't remember what I had named him. In my dream, I remember scrolling through these names:

Is it...? *

Tyler Cade?
Tyler Joel?
Joel Tyler?

ahh-How could I forget?

...and how much did he weigh at birth anyways??

How come I didn't know these things?

The stress level rose, and I believe this is the point where my headache grew and grew.

At this point, I woke myself up. I looked around...and saw no cradle....felt my stomach....realized, there is no baby "here" yet. I have some time. About 5.5 months left to be precise.

I'll have time to pick a name.

I'm pretty sure I'll remember my child's name.

I hope that I'm not too delusional to forget how much my kid weighs either.

But, again? Who knows? I've never done this before.

All in all...the dream freaked me out a little. No, I'm honestly not scared to be a mother. But... one thing I am scared to turn into...? A super stressed out human being. I'm really not that person, and I hope that a baby doesn't change that about me. I like my more laid back personality.

Anyway--that was my odd dream of the day. Pregnancy has given me insanely weird dreams. Like, murder-type killer dreams. Awesome.



*those are not names in the running, fyi. however, I have always been a fan of tyler and joel...I just like the name.


Happy Friday!



17 comments:

  1. Girl.... I had to laugh because reality is going to be so much better then that dream you had. Have a GREAT weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read that pregnancy intensifies your dreams. Sorry that one stressed you out! Enjoy your coffee. That sounds good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, if your baby is sleeping through the night the first night, I'd say you're pretty lucky, haha. :-)
    I love the name Tyler, too, in fact when I was like 12, I'd call the radio station to request a song & they'd ask me my name & I'd tell them Tyler. Yes, I was a strange, strange child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha oh no, that sounds awful! The good news is I'm sure it won't play out in reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think psychotic pregnancy dreams are totally normal, lol. And at least they make for good blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Katie! I'm sorry the dream stressed you out, but you have nothing to worry about! You'll be a great mom and I'm sure you wont forget the baby's name, weight, or to post the birth on facebook ;-) lol Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hah it's like the wedding dreams you have before your actual wedding. keeping you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Katie,

    Actually, I don't think letting your son sleep through a feeding is that bad -- but it probably won't happen anyway, cause he'll get hungry! No worries about stressing -- the thing is, it will be fine, you will be a great mother, and your dreams are just ways to work out anxiety before the baby is actually here :)

    If it makes you feel better, last night I dreamed that I ran a marathon that had been planned as a casting session for Rock of Love. Weird.

    Anyway, have a happy Halloween & a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I did not know that pregnancy can intensify your dreams!

    Sorry I know I have been MIA forever, but I just got caught up on my blog reading and I need to say CONGRATS!!!! So excited for you and your hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Babies who sleep through the first night home are awesome :)

    You will be fine...you won't turn into super-stressed-lady (not all the time at least) and you just put your husband in charge of guest posting to facebook for you while you are still in the hospital. No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I was pregnant, I had a recurring dream that I left the house, knowing he was asleep in his crib, to get ice cream. Every time, I panicked before I even got to the ice cream store and drove home. Ice cream. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dreams are extremely vivid when you are pregnant! Just be glad they are just dreams and not nightmares! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean! my dreams seem like real life until i wake up and everything is boring around me! But instead of having terrifying dreams about losing my baby or stuff like that, i have these C.R.A.Z.Y. sexual dreams. Which, is SO not me! I think they probably freak me out more than some of the other dreams I could be having!

    Happy 2nd Trimester!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You were a good mom in your dream. NEVER wake a sleeping baby!
    Babies will wake on their own when they need to be fed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You were a good mom in your dream. NEVER wake a sleeping baby!
    Babies will wake on their own when they need to be fed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl...I had some crazy dreams too when I was pregnant for the first time. Don't worry, I will all come to you ;) You won't be a frazzled stressed out Momma if you aren't a frazzled stressed out wife. You'll be a great Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl...I had some crazy dreams too when I was pregnant for the first time. Don't worry, I will all come to you ;) You won't be a frazzled stressed out Momma if you aren't a frazzled stressed out wife. You'll be a great Momma!

    ReplyDelete