Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Bits

-This was a 4 day work week but good-God, it felt like forever.

-The weather this week has been COLD. In the low 40's. We've had insane amounts of rain. The other day at bus duty we had flurries! [To all you Floridians and others in 90 degree weather right now...I'm not sure which is worse.]

-Best/Worst Comment from a student this week:

3rd Grade Boy: "Mrs. B I think you're really pretty."
Me: "Aww, thanks buddy."
[3rd Grade Boy just realized whole class heard him. Embarrassing.]
3rd Grade Boy: "But...uh...I think all girls are pretty!"

daaaannnng. harsh.

-My little nephew, Jayden turned 2 today! I love that boy, and cannot believe how fast the time went. Spongebob themed birthday party tomorrow...hooray for "Bobby" as Jayden kindly refers to his favorite character.

-This week, Declan and I got paid on the same exact day, and I think that's just plain awesome. Woohoo double paychecks. [I get paid on the 15th and last of the month, Declan is always bi-weekly on a Thursday...sometimes, when the stars align, it falls on the same day.]

-I have completed 11 weeks of pregnancy tomorrow. HELLO--I am entering week 12. How amazing is that? I cannot wait to say bye-bye to the first tri-mester...so close.

Enter: Photos

4 weeks and then 11 weeks
PhotobucketPhotobucket
...and please...I realize I'm not the smallest girl in the world as it is. Call it fat, call it bloat, whatever it is--there's a difference.

-I cooked dinner for the first time in a few months (I know, I seriously suck) last night. I think Declan's jaw dropped when he walked up the steps and saw me at the stove. I guess this means I felt pretty good and less nauseas/sick then normal--or that I just felt like a crappy wife lately.

-I am d.e.t.e.r.m.i.n.e.d not to get h1n1/swine flu--and literally disinfected and sanitized my hands 25 times today...and now..they are so dry. Dry hands over death works for me any day.
PS: Swine flu and pregnancy do-not-mix in case you didn't know.

-I am going to hear the baby's heartbeat again on Monday. If everything goes as planned and we can pick up that sweet, sweet sound on the doppler--then, I will be letting my news out to the world.

-I'm having a date night with my man tonight....!! We've spent the last 4 or 5 Friday nights in, doing nothing other then watching DVR'ed shows and ordering dinner (because I've felt like poo), but tonight--I'm ready to go out. hallelujah.

Happy Weekend!


33 comments:

  1. Oh, I am SOOOO jealous of your date night! My husband has been gone with the Army National Guard for 4 months and won't be home until November 13th. I am DYING for a date night!

    Congrats on almost clearing your first trimester. That is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun tonight!!! Sounds like you need a good night out on the town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun tonight! Glad you are feeling better and up to having date night :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look marvelous! I hope all is well & that you have a wonderful date night :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is this date night thing of which you speak?? lol

    The best part about pregnant doctor visits is getting to hear that little heart beat!

    I looked at the pictures and I definitely see a difference! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great news!!!! I love the belly pics:O) ENJOY YOUR NIGHT tonight, you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw yay you're getting a bump! Getting out of the first trimester is the BEST feeling. I hated that phase before I outwardly looked preggo because to me I looked HUGE, at least now when I say I'm pregnant people don't say YOU'RE pregnant. It's supposed to be a compliment, but it sucks. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're almost there! that is SO exciting! and i love your little bump! last night i was laying on the couch and jorden SWEARS i have a bump when i lay down but when i stand up all it is is bloat. boo.

    can't wait for you to hear that little heartbeat! :) so happy for you and the baby! we're still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is worse to be in 90 degree heat in October than 40 degree cold. :)

    Your belly pics are ADORABLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cutest baby bump E.V.E.R. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your pregnancy!!! Your belly pics are sweet...it's amazing the changes each week. There is always some bit of a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww baby bump!! too precious! =D Hooray for date night! I am sure the hubby understands the lack of betty crocker momentc! You are with child jeez! =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at your beautiful little baby belly! I love it love it! It's perfect (as is the precious cargo it holds, which is being fearfully and wonderfully made as we speak!)

    And we rained all day today, too. It's just hot rain. You're right. It stinks however you look at it:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your belly pics are soooo cute!
    I just had to take my daughter to the doctor today because she spiked a fever and the nurse and doctor both said that the swine flu is seriously NO BIG DEAL. Just a different strain and the media is blowing it out of proportion.
    Glad you are feeling better and I bet it's going to feel glorious to spill the beans to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look wonderful, and its great to know you are expecting :) hope you had a great date night!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the lil' bump! You're going to be the cutest pregnant mama ever :)

    Hope your date night is/was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your cute little baby bump! Hope ya'll have a great date night!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You absolutely have a baby bump little lady!!! What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl, you are a tiny little thing and that baby bump is stinkin' adorable!! Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you had a great date night! Love the belly photos-adorable girly! Also love that you made em black and white... kinda fun and artsy. :) Your kids (in your class) never fail to entertain me with their comment.s.. haha.. I used to teach swim lessons and a little girl once said "you can share my towel" and another girl said "Miss Jackie is too big for your little towel" (thanks) and then she added "Miss Jackie.. you're not as big as a house, though." Um.. thanks..I think? haha.. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cutest.

    Belly.

    EVER!!!

    It's freezing here too! Bus duty SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know how you feel...I am 21 weeks along and I feel like I have been preggo forever and I am only half way done! I find it so weird watching my belly grow, because for the first time I don't care and want it to get bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Totally a difference.. cute little baby bump a happening! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't think I cooked more than 3 or 4 times in the whole first trimester either :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww, I love your bump! I hope you had a good date night!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a cute little belly! you are too cute!
    hope you had a great date night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm sure you are SUPER excited to share your news!

    ReplyDelete
  28. good luck at your appointment today, i am sure everything will go great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aw look at your little bump :) Congrats on clearing your first trimester :)

    Yay for date night!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awww, what a cute belly!!!

    And we have seriously been dying with the heat down here in Florida, but we've had a little reprieve. We're starting to get fall-like weather. We'll see how long that last, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  31. There is soo a baby bump!!! LOVE IT! Good Luck at the doctors---I'll be praying for a STRONG heartbeat for the little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. There is soo a baby bump!!! LOVE IT! Good Luck at the doctors---I'll be praying for a STRONG heartbeat for the little one :)

    ReplyDelete