Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Not Me! Monday! The Embarrassing Version.



Welcome to this week's Not Me! Monday. If you'd like to participate, head over to MckMama's blog, or simply read other's Not Me-posts from today.

~~~~~~

I did not, I repeat, did not have absolutely the worst night ever on Saturday Night. I did not wake up every 3 minutes for 6 hours straight with stomach pains that had me doubling over, moaning and groaning and freaking out in tears. I was not throwing up repeatedly, and the stomach pains were not from constipation due to the anti-nausea meds I'm on. I'd never publicly admit to constipation. It's too embarrassing and humiliating.

I did not beg my hubby (who graciously went...) to go to WalMart at 4:45am and buy everything.in.the.place that would cure me [and was pregnancy-safe of course] of my pains.

I did not, while lying on the bathroom floor (holding my tummy and partially covered in vomit) proclaim through tears that I am not cut out for this pregnancy business and "being pregnant is just too hard...waaahhh". I do not lose it like that. I am much more refined.

~~~

We did not finally get our awesome deck built on the back of our townhouse.


The deck is not Mac's new favorite spot in the house. I did not let him roam around out there, and shut the screen door...and I promise I did not LAUGH my head off when he came barreling at the screen door (thinking it wasn't there), and yelping his head off. I didn't point at the screen and show Declan the little snot spot he left on the screen. How inhumane!

~~~

I did not stay home from school today because I feel.like.crap. and still not fully recovered from the Saturday night fiasco. I wouldn't take a day off when I need those days for maternity leave. Nope. Not me.

I did not jump out of my skin when the doorbell rung this morning, freaking out because I was in my pajamas and looked and felt like crap.

I did not get giddy and excited when I realized it was just UPS dropping off a package...for...ME!

I did not squeel like a little school girl when I opened that package and realized it was from a blog friend, Taryn. Oh my gosh--you people are REAL :) love it.


~~~

I did not cry like a baby when just watching TLC's A Baby Story. The emotion did not completely overwhelm me when the woman reached down and grabbed her baby with that last push. These hormones are not getting to me, and I do not cry more often.

~~~

I did not really just admit all these things, and mention vomit more then once.


What did you NOT do this weekend?


Please remember to donate to the Mattress-Cause...these children at the Zambian Deaf School are currently sleeping on wood-slats. Help fight the injustices of the world by donating even a tiny bit! Thanks ;)


26 comments:

  1. Yay for a fun package in the mail!! And for the record, A Baby Story gets me every. single. time. When I was pregnant, I literally had to stop watching it. I just cried way too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you were so sick!! Glad you're at least starting to feel a little better! Enjoy the rest of your day off just relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear you were not feeling well. i hope you get all better quick! yay for getting a package with a scarf, how fun! your deck looks really nice! my pup also loves hanging out on our deck and occasionally runs into the screen door, always good for a little giggle ;)
    have a good day hun!

    p.s. has your blog been changed up? maybe i'm just slow at noticing, i really like it though! :) oranage and blue, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, Saturday sounded awful. You deserve some days to recoup. I hope you feel better really soon. And you can SO handle pregnancy. You were made to be a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the baby! So exciting :) But a few more weeks and your second trimester should be way better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Katie. :( I really hope it will pass soon and you can enjoy being pregnant (if that's even possible!).

    I love that you squealed like a little school girl when you got the package...and I especially love that I could make you happy on a day you're feeling icky. That makes my heart smile. You deserve it...and much, much more!

    P.S. I saw the tray and HAD to buy it for you...it was too perfect! I bought it to help you remember to have Faith that you will someday be a momma...little did I know how right I was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're too funny! And making me not want to get pregnant any time soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm sorry you were sick this weekend! all for a good cause though :) your deck looks amazing, i'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww! I hope you're starting to feel better! That did not sound like fun!

    You're scarf is totally you! along with the bird!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, girl... I am so sorry to hear about Saturday night! I so hope you're feeling better and that all of this subsides sooner than later. Good for you though that your husband made such an important run to Wal-Mart... You deserve to rest and I hope you're taking full advantage of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I CANNOT watch A Baby Story.

    Also, at least you have 24-hour Wal-Marts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you're not feeling well. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooo! Super fun package!!

    Sorry for all the pain issues - Just think how wonderful and 100% worth it it will all be in the end. Your baby is just letting you know "Hey! I'm here!"

    I love the deck!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi katie. =)

    1st: love love love your blog!
    2nd: love love love your layout!
    3rd: you should read my "not my child monday" post on my "not me monday" post. it just miiiiiiight make you feel less embarassed.

    maybe. =)

    yay for scarves...i love me some packages. the tray is beautiful and you received it perfect timing =)

    and no, i did NOT want to vomit every time you mentioned the word vomit! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can totally sympathize with the horrible feeling. When I first got preggo I was very sick all the time, I had to stop taking my anxiety/migraine meds and the withdrawl from coming off of them was horrendous. It got better by the 12th week though and I'm in my 2nd trimester which is definitely the "honeymoon phase." I hope you feel better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously, it's like we were connected this weekend! So funny! And then...not. Because it stinks, doesn't it? I'm glad you stayed home today. If I hadn't stayed home Friday, it would have been bad, bad, bad. That's one thing...We can teach with a head cold. We can't teach throwing up. Which is so darn stressful, oddly enough.

    And hey, don't feel bad. I'm not preggers, but I openly sob when watching A Baby Story. My husband hates it because I'm an emotional wreck after it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear, I'm sorry you were ill and I hope that you start feeling better soon. It is good you got to stay home today and relax a little.

    The deck looks fantastic and yay for fun packages in the mail! The scarf looks really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVING the layout!!! And sorry you felt like crap this weekend, lovely, but the spin you put on it made me smile with sympathy (the whole "i'm more refined" haha). I cant relate exactly, but being sicky definitely brings out the best in all of us.. LOVING the scarf! I cant wait to post mine on my blog! I love it!! I have a CUHRAZY week so hopefully I will do it tomorrow!!!! I need to photo it just right (of course) before I can post it! haha! :) Such a good idea.. thanks so much for organizing especially wiht all the excitement you had going on with the pregnancy, chica!! Feel better and sending blog hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so sorry you were so sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww, girl, hope you're feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you so much for doing the scarf exchange- I loved it so much I'm hosting my own!!
    Can I borrow some of your rules girlie?? You did such an awesome job with it all and of course I'll give you some mad love from it!!

    xox
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol, I meant to leave a longer comment since I'm a first time commenter. ;) But my little man was having a fit as I was trying to, and so that was the best I could do. :) Anyway, I was blog hopping and found you...not sure how now. But I enjoyed reading your posts, and will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh sweetheart. Your honesty is so refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL! You're crying while watching a baby story! How sweet! I may or may not have done that before....

    BUT I gave you an award at my blog! Go check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete