Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Ouch, Ooo...ah.

Ow.
My brain hurts.

No, actually, my head hurts.

Actually, to be more specific, if you put your fingers behind your ears--yes, there-that is exactly where it hurts. It aches, to put it bluntly.

It moves from that spot and goes up and across my forehead.

The darned headache.

However, I have it for one reason, and one reason only. [okay...LIE. It could be two reasons*]

I have the headache for the sake of beauty.

Yes, it's true. Oh how vain.

My almost favorite accessory [a close tie with the beloved scarf] betrayed me today.

Yea, you guessed it.
My headband.

The darned thing squeezed all the wrong places today, causing my head to be in a bit of a rage. It's not fun. In fact, its a dread...on my head.

This headband didn't used to hurt this much...so I guess, it's quite possible that, well, my head grew. Possibly a side effect of pregnancy I never knew about?**

Either way. I'm quite sad. Because of the pain. I have forsaken beauty (after hours of torture), and moved on from the brain squashing.

Besides, I need these brain cells. You know...to be a mom.




*I could not only be having a headache from the headband. For sure, there is another huge reason. Coming May 2010. [But I hate to blame things on the little one so soon in life]

**I'm totally kidding about head size being a side of pregnancy. Totally, completely kidding.


Please note: Picture is from today. The look of slight pain on my face is noticeable. That cute little black bowed headband did it. It's all her fault!

16 comments:

  1. I can't wear them for the same reason! I must have a big head. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you! I have the same problem. which is why I am usually found with just a ponytail. Attractive I know. Hope you're feeling better!!

    OH!! and I love those wall flowers below...SO CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh but its soo cute! Feel Better =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, girl.... I had a headband that did that to me too... it does hurt!!! I think this calls for a head rub from your hubby. I know, I know... I'm just full of good ideas :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The things we go through for fashion. Ah ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. the price of beauty! but blame it on the baby now...before he/she understands and it causes a complex or something :)

    ...are you going to put up a poll for guessing boy or girl??? When do you get to find out?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always try to wear cute headbands to work and NEVER make it through the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl! Stand up to that head band! Show it who's boss!!

    Sorry for the headache love. Kisses from Texas for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The evil headband trick! I know exactly what you mean, happens to me all the time. And I always say to myself, 'okay, no more headbands! It's not worth it'! But honestly, they are totally worth it because they are one of the cutest accesories a girl can have :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The evil headband trick! I know exactly what you mean, happens to me all the time. And I always say to myself, 'okay, no more headbands! It's not worth it'! But honestly, they are totally worth it because they are one of the cutest accesories a girl can have :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forsook beauty a long time ago! Lol Headbands always give me a headache after a while, so I just don't wear them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This happens to me a lot, too. And I love the Hbs.

    But sometimes they hurt me, and then sometimes, the same ones won't.

    However, it's inconsistent enough that I've gotten to the point that I'll refuse to wear them on a predictably stressful day, like today, for fear they'll worsen a stress-induced headache. Just can't take the chance.

    And that's how my brain works as I get dressed in the morning.

    I know. Terribly scary and boring all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beauty is pain dahlink!

    Try the elastic ones with bows on them. Kinder for your head and just as pretty!!

    x
    Sass

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh but the headband is adorable!! what pain we put ourselves through for beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. same thing happens to me when wearing them!! i have to take breaks and give my head a few days rest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. headband headaches are the worst!!!

    just found your blog and wanted to stop by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete