Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Put a smile on your face, make the world a better place.

I really don't want to come off as if I'm complaining, or looking for sympathy--so I must say this:

I am so beyond happy and thrilled to death with where I am in life right now. I am thrilled to be carrying this baby. I am completely and utterly amazed at how strong that heartbeat was today, and how beautiful that "whooshing" sound really is. I think that every bit of sickness, and out-of-breath moments, and stinky candles are all WORTH it. Seriously.

So please don't think I'm complaining. I am so blessed and honored to carry this child, and I sincerely mean that from the bottom of my heart.

...and, we're just so.darn.happy.!

Today, at the appointment--the nurse practitioner was all...

"Now, don't get your hopes up...we may not hear the heartbeat...sometimes its still too early..." (as she's moving the doppler along my belly..err...right above my you-know-what)

Literally, as she's saying that---we hear it.

::Whooosh whooosh whooosh whooosh::

"Well, there it is!"

Our baby was all, "I'll show you, lady." Nice and strong personality. Just like mommy.

I love this kid, sooooo much--already.


18 comments:

  1. I don't think you were complaining, but then again I as a bit of a complainer when I was pregnant. I don't know many mommies-to-be who weren't! We know you are so thrilled, and we are thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I would be complaining to! I hate to throw up! I'm liking that baby's personality already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW! you are going to be such a great mommy! :)
    i never think of your posts as you complaining. you are just stating the facts of your pregnancy and what you are dealing with. it's okay to vent a little about it! ;)
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i def don't think you're complaining! i think of it more as a "letting people know" type of thing! :)

    i'm so pumped you got to hear the heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go baby go! Glad you heard the strong heartbeat.

    (And complain away. You're pregnant. It's your right, and completely understandable.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww yay! I can't imagine how exciting it must be to hear your babe's heart beat :)

    And please complain your little heart out. I know I would!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yea!!! hearing the first heartbeat was definetely a fav thing when i was pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you! That's awesome that you go to hear the heartbeat yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sooooo excited for you guys! I know I'm going to feel just like you when I get pregnant--so thankful, so happy, and so in love. You're awesome, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww That healthy, strong heartbeat is the best sound in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, what an AWESOME day for you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you guys!!! And I would have never thought you were trying to find sympathy through previous posts. I mean, isn't blogging about being able to share what's going on in life and how you're feeling? I mean a girl can only take so much when she doesn't feel good, and it's nice to know there are people to talk to out there :)

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, you have such a great attitude, and what an exciting time you must be going through! Good moments always outweigh the bad, especially when something as precious as a baby is involved! Glad to hear your baby's strong and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's so wonderful! that's gotta be such an amazing feeling! I'm so happy for you, declan and your little one:o) I love reading your blogs, I can't wait to have kids someday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww sweetheart that is WONDERFUL news! Congrats!! You get them little baby! Show that lady who is boss!!

    ReplyDelete