Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

We're standing together today

It's October 15th--the National day of Miscarriage and Infant Loss. I have to say, that I am so pleased that there is a day that all momma's, or were-to-be momma's, friends, and grandparents can light a candle in memory of the little love that was lost. To be honest, not a day goes by that I don't think about my miscarriage, so, it's not just about today--but that the world recognizes these little ones as precious lives, which they were, and are.

I can't just "move on" [in fact, those words make me quiver], I never will. I will absolutely never forget the extreme joy I felt when I tested on June 4th, and got a positive pregnancy test. I was shaking, and dancing, and running around the house freaking out that "I'm going to be a MOM!" I will absolutely never forget the excitement Declan felt when I told him when he got home from work, or how I told him, and that I had it planned for months. I will never forget the pregnancy symptoms that I had, and how hard it was to choke anything down, because ewww-food. I will never forget how I hated pizza with the pregnancy. I couldn't stand the sight of it. I will not forget when I purchased belly bands and was overjoyed that I.got.to.wear.these. I will not forget spending hours on Etsy searching for everything hand-made and baby, for that specific little one. I will never forget the day we realized you had slipped away so suddenly. Absolutely NEVER.

It's impossible to forget. That little one was a part of me, a part of us...and although he or she wasn't able to make their grand entrance into the world, they have surely made their grand entrance on my heart forever.

So tonight, at 7pm your time--light a candle in memory of a little love that didn't get the opportunity to make it's mark on the world, just on our hearts.

I'm thinking of and standing with all of you who have suffered the same painful loss--because we will never, and can never forget.

xoxo

Please visit October15th.com for more information and to see a really touching video.

19 comments:

  1. Katie I've never been close to an experience like this at all, but my heart still goes out to you. I said a prayer for you early this morning, and you've been in my thoughts all day. Never let anyone tell you to "just move on," because that isn't right. Your little joy will always be with you, always be loved, and most importantly: always remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie your strength and the strength of every woman I've met whether in real life or through the bloggie world who has been through this simply amazes me. My thoughts and prayers are with you today and I am lighting a candle for you at 7. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post. My sister suffered a miscarriage after three years of trying and it's something she has never gotten over either. Thanks for letting me know about this day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Katie. I'm a little newer to your blog and have only commented a few times. Up until today, I didn't know about your story. Thank you for letting me (us) read it. You seem like such a lovely person, full of spirit and kindness. I'm really glad I found you. And I'll be lighting a candle for your little one (and all the other little ones) tonight.

    Best wishes, Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray and light a candle with you today, dear friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking of you today. {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will light a candle for you and your angel. You were in my thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today, thinking of everyone who has gone through this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no clue there was a day to remember the baby that as miscarried. I miscarried 32 years ago and must say I think often of that baby... I can remember the emptiness I felt and the thought that if one more person told me it was okay they had miscarried and this was God's way, I would punch them in the nose. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally know how you feel! I wrote a post and included you! I am so glad that we have other moms to go threw this hard time with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore you, girl. And I admire your strength. I couldn't begin to understand what you went through, but I can tell you I'm sorry it happened... And I'm sending hugs. A lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will pray for you, your husband and all the families who have gone through such a tragic loss of a baby. You are a strong woman to share such a personal part of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bless you and your family, I will keep you in my prayers!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!!!!!! Such an ncredible loss, but at this time look what you're gaining! God is so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was a heart-wrenching post Katie. I am STILL so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can never imagine going through what you have been; I know my heart would most definitely be broken, and I would never be able to forget my lost little one. So today, my prayers go out to you dear, and I hope you're really enjoying the little one you're cooking right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katie,

    I have never had such an experience in my life. I cannot say that I understand what you are going through. But my mother had a miscarriage in 1990 and still remembers everyday. I will keep you in my prayers; you, your husband, and the precious baby you are currently carrying. God is good. :)

    ReplyDelete