Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

::drumroll:: ....and now its time for "Friday Bits"

...which is totally not-that-exciting this week. But I'll humor you, and myself anyway.

-I'm happy to report that it's Friday. I know, I know...it's bound to come. But holy geeez, unlike last week, this week DID NOT fly by whatsover. It was a slow moving train.

-Declan and I helped his brother and his wife paint their new apartment this week. Don't worry, the place was well ventilated...so I didn't inhale too many toxins. Besides, there was a mask available. But when I tried to wear it-I literally felt like I couldn't breathe. So I figured, air moving through the place and me staying alive was the best option.

[On that same painting note...while we were there, I tried to move a ladder while I was on the ground (smaller step-ladder)...and an edger brush fell down on and hit me on the top of my head. The exhaustion from a super long day at work, combined with a more hormonal version of myself made for cryfest '09. It was embarrassing. I couldn't stop crying. But, I tried to do it quietly so they wouldn't hear me. Later that night, Declan said..."Babe..it was so sad when that hit you in the head...you were so, so sad." Sad and pathetic. That's for sure.]

-I managed to cook dinner a whole ONE time this week! Be proud, be very proud...because, it's been worse since being pregnant. Oh, but to my defense-I did come home after school and make my chicken noodle soup and separate it into containers for Declans lunch. (Does that make up for it?)

-My sister dropped by one day earlier this week...and brought me a Large Chick-fil-A lemonade. I LOVE this, because, honestly? That lemonade lasts me daysssssss. Truly! I think it's too sweet, so I'll split it up into different cups, add water and lots of ice...and then, only then...its just perfect. mmm.

-I went a full 4 days without throwing up!! A co-worker of mine asked me how I was doing and I was so thrilled to finally tell her that I was coming out of the sick-phase. She then said, "Maybe you shouldn't tell me this...so you don't jinx it!" [I sort of laughed and shrugged it off.]

-But then, it hit me with a vengeance. I got sick as soon as I got home. Twice. I got sick the next morning, too. And the puking saga continues...

-Last week at the grocery store, Declan and I each picked a cereal for the week. We don't eat cereal like normal people (in the morning)...we eat it as a snack...a few hours after dinner (bad, I know..). He picked Honey Nut Chex...I picked....Trix. Like, "Trix are for Kids", trix.

-Before he got home from work yesterday, I finished his Chex when I had a full box of Trix.
someone wasn't too thrilled with me.

-To my defense (ha..I love this line), I had just gotten sick...and so I had nothing in my tummy, and I was so so so hungry. That was the the only thing that looked good to me...at the time.

-Declan said the sweetest thing to me yesterday...which made me realize that he does understand all that I'm going through and just how difficult it is being so sick and pregnant while working full time, and managing life.

-We are going to see New Moon tonight...all the siblings. I love my family. I'm really excited.

-Flash Forward is such a good show.

-I might be getting an ultrasound earlier then I thought....details to come on that soon. Also? I think that finding out the gender will really motivate me to do more baby things. Unlike most pregnant women, I haven't had the desire to do many things in preparation yet. I realize, I have time. However, I think the sickness and exhaustion has overshadowed all that "fun stuff". Hopefully, I'll get out of this funk soon.

-After this week of school is complete...I will only teach for 2 days, and then we have fun activities for a half-day on Wednesday...then I'm off for the next 5 days. Thank you LORD. No, really...Thank you Lord. I need that time.

-I came into school this morning absolutely bummed that I didn't have time to stop at Dunkin Donuts for my semi-normal Friday morning stop to get a bagel with cream cheese. [One thing that feels good to my tummy every time...] To my surprise--it was a "Donuts Day" at school. Which means, they provide us with coffee, hot chocolate, BAGELS and cream cheese, and donuts!! I just about died. Someone loves me.

9 comments:

  1. aww sounds like a good week! glad you had a few sickness free days! :) hope this week is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, I'm 32 weeks and really haven't done much in terms of baby stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, girl, I really do hope you get to feeling better soon.

    And see God does care about the small details. He's even on bagel and cream cheese duty!!!! :)

    YAY for 5 days off!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thisclose to sending you some Sea-Bands. Seriously. I hate hearing that you are still puking. :(

    I remember one time when I must have been about as far along as you and a parent (who was notorious for bullying) came into my room and screamed at me for something ridiculous. I. Could. Not. Stop. Crying. Honest to goodness, a friend had to go get my student for me because I couldn't get it together. I just sat at my desk and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed...for almost two hours.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 days off?! WOW! I hope it is full of no puking and lots of turkey! oh yes, and the Macy's Parade. A must.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiiiii! You don't know me but I'm a newbie to your blog and I wanted to tell you that I love it! I'm still only half way through your archive's but I think you and I are a lot alike. Your husband is very sweet to you and I think all husbands should treat their wives as good as he treats you.

    Congragulations on the pregnancy =] I'm getting ready to leave work for the week but I'll definatly keep in touch with you, have a great weekend!
    -Raychel in Indiana
    P.S. I have to use Anonymous because I don't have a blog. But my email is PinkeSwear@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you are still in the sickly phase-I hope it passes very soon.
    I'm really enjoying Flash Forward as well. It seriously keeps you interested each week!
    And if it makes you feel any better, I'm seriously slacking on the making dinner multiple nights a week too . . . I'm getting too lazy!
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to work at CFA you would not believe the amount of sugar we drop in the lemonade-I totally understand splitting it up!

    FlashForward is pretty much awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot believe how close we are to T-giving break! Ahh!

    ReplyDelete