Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Holy Weekend, Batman. How did you get here?

I woke up this morning in a bit of a shock.

It's friday.

It's FRIDAY!?!

I don't know if this week flew by for anyone else...but dang-it, for me, it went by in a snap. I am in no way complaining, in fact, I'm grinning from ear to ear. I love me some weekends.

The funny thing is, we had a full 5-day week of school-which normally I dread because oh dear lord...5 days of work?! [hold the snarly comments] But, I may start welcoming 5 day weeks more often. They FLY by. For real.

Whenever we have a long weekend, or a day off in the middle of the week...the school days go by like a snail who lost his inhaler. It's baaad. It's sloooow.

But, here we are. Friday. I (unlike others who got veterans day off, lucky ducks) worked a full 5 days this week...and Friday came so fast.

Hallelujah.

As my dear sister-in-love so kindly reminded me on the phone yesterday: "When you're pregnant, you can literally COUNT the weekends until baby comes."

I'll admit.

I haven't counted.

Because I'm afraid of what I'll see.

I know I can take a good guess, but...I'd rather not...just yet.

So this weekend, my soon to be nursery will sit untouched. Yet again. [We've already painted, though...stay tuned for some baby room posts in the future.]

I will savor the weekend.

I will spend time with my sweet man.

I will craft homemade christmas gifts with my dear sister.

I will clean my house. {gahhhhhhh. I hate.this.one.}

I will celebrate my nieces 3rd birthday.

I will sleep in.

I will savor my freedom.


Have an awesome weekend!

ps: if you didn't vote in the gender poll to the right-you know you want too. Girl seems to be winning at the moment...interesting ;) Go with your gut.

14 comments:

  1. Have a fabulous weekend, girl!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm glad you had such a good, quick week. Have a fantastic weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right that short weeks are longer than 5 day weeks. It seems like when you have a Monday off the rest of the week drags by. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, this week flew by for me. Glad it did for you, too. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeek counting weekends until baby comes would be scary! :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously, this week did fly by... like insanely fast. but i was super busy so that might have had something to do with it. ummm i would love to craft with you this weekend but i don't see how that's possible cause my weekend is already crazy booked. i'm hanging out with kesh and the girls tonight, tomorrow i'm selling my africa crafts at a craft show at olivet allllll day (9-3) and then i told madison we could go to p.f. changs and anthropologie cause she needs to get out of the house. sunday we're going to kop then i need to make an appearance at beth's shower... so my only free time is sunday night... AHHHHH!!!!

    why did i write that all in a comment? i should just email it to you. oh well. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo for the weekends! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My week was so slow.......but just wanted to wish you a great and relaxed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I put a Friday Christmas surprise in the mail to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have quite a weekend ahead of you! I love doing homemade Christmas gifts! I have a few I've started, and need to start working on again. Have any ideas that you care to share?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey chickadee, I have an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're right. My week dragged, and I had Wednesday off. I'm almost glad I don't have an extra day off next week!

    Yay weekend!

    Oh, and except a few weekend texts...although this time, I promise, none will involve maternity pants. (I think:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for Fridays! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My week flew by, too! So glad! I am voting boy in the poll. That is my hunch. :)

    ReplyDelete