Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I've been hit...(Now with an Update)

with something...in the form of little green germ-a-ma-bobs (like the ones you see on TV commercials)...and it isn't fun.

I imagine it's my run-in's daily with over 140 kids ranging in age from 5-10. Perhaps. That would be my "best guess". Slight sarcasm indeed.

OF COURSE ITS BECAUSE OF THAT!

The mass overload of germs I encounter in a single day are ridiculous. The fact that I can even BREATHE right now is probably a miracle. I can't even walk around the room and help the students without touching something that without-me-knowing was just coughed on, snotted on, or god-forbid, picked their nose and then ate it then used...

no anti-bacterial sanitizer can fight that.

So therefore. I come before you. Sick.

I hate that I have to be sick right now, as miserable as my body already feels-but, you deal with the cards that you're dealt--right?

It's funny though, because just yesterday I said to a co-worker..."I wonder if its possible to NOT get this so-called flu this season. I mean...is it EVEN remotely possible?"

Well, I am not normally one to believe in these things--but dang-it! I jinxed myself!

At this point, I'm pretty sure its a bad sinus infection and not the flu. I have an appointment this morning at 9:45 to figure that out. Thank God.

I was feeling terribly guilty about using a half day yesterday (I left school sick), and then a full day today-but my OB told me, "I am SO glad you stayed home. You can't consider this day a waste. When your immune system is down, especially while pregnant, you can easily pick up anything swirling around."

I felt much better about my decision to stay home, get to the doctors, pick up a prescription and rest until this thing goes away.

...I can see my maternity leave paid time getting less and less as I speak. I'm accepting donations.*

Send healthy thoughts my way.



*kidding.

UPDATE: I went to the doctor. It is NOT the flu. Hallelujah. It's not even an infection--my lungs are clear. It is however, a nasty cold virus that's going around. It should be getting better in a few days and does not turn into the flu. (Yes, that is a question I asked the good 'ole doc)

20 comments:

  1. You poor thing! You just can't get over this sick stuff, can you?! :( Get healthy, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get better real soon bud! I'm sending lots of healthy thoughts your way. Stay home and get plenty of rest for as long as you need to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better!!

    Also thanks for the note about the icky mold in the water bottle...I'm going to clean the new one like there's no tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you are sick!! Lots of prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending lots of prayers for you and lots of healthy thoughts. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better. Drink lots of OJ. AND STAY HOME UNTIL YOU FEEL BETTER!! (That was in my best mommy voice, in case you couldn't tell.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry, girl… hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no!! I'm sorry love - I hope you get to feeling better, again.

    xxx Love coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am so sorry! i wish i could give you the cure!

    Have you ever tried airborne? my mom and brother swear by it and drink it every day when there is some illness going around. I can't hanlde the taste but I know it works!

    LOTS of OJ, make Declan rent you some movies, and take tomorrow off if you have to!

    And, it's better to be healthy now so that you can fully enjoy your maternity leave, besides, won't you only need it for the last couple weeks of school? or does your school go into june?

    thinking of you and sending you feel good thoughts and immuno-booster thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my sake!! I'm so glad you're okay!!!! Feel better hon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad it's not the flu! hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear that you are sick but I am glad it isn't the flu. Being sick is never fun. I am sending healing thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No fun....hope your cold goes away quickly and you are feeling better soon. Thanks again for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh no! :( hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you don't have the flu. Hope you feel better ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's to many happier healthier days ahead. We were all sick 2 weeks ago and it took so much out of all of us, hopefully your sickies don't stick around for very long.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no! Hun, I am so sorry! I know what you mean, though. It's a frickin' cess pool now! Hang in there!

    And never feel guilty staying home! It's what's best for the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  18. film ve sinema film izle
    izle ve seyret
    film izle
    online ve bedava
    film izle
    yerli ve yabancı
    film izle
    sinema filmleri
    çizgi film izle
    film izleme
    anime izle
    çizgi filmler ve anime izle
    erotik film izle
    erotik filmler...
    erotik film izle

    bedava film izle

    online film izle

    ReplyDelete