Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Not-Me! Mondays! The randomness that is me.

I did not get very upset, and almost cry when I found out that there will only be one more season of Oprah. I did not think of all the years to come that I could possibly be a stay-at-home-mom and Ohmygosh what will I watch at 4pm now?!

***
I did not have VIP passes to see New Moon on opening night Friday. I was NOT there with my husband, sister, brother and his wife. We did not get to bypass all the lines, eat Chick-fil-A platters ahead of time, and wear a "VIP" pass that kind of made me feel like a 13 year old girl at a Hanson Concert.

We do not have a sweet hook-up that made all that possible free of charge.
While in the theater waiting for the movie to begin, my husband did not slump in his chair and feel slightly out of place. He did not then say to me, "The only guys in here other then me and your brother are ALL wearing REALLY tight pants." I did not laugh. Because it was not true. :)

***

I did not help Declan's brother and his wife move this weekend. I did not fold through 40 bajillion different articles of clothing and I certainly did not laugh at the fact that I will *never* buy either of them clothes again for Christmas for as along as I live.

I did not wait to go help move until all the heavy stuff was in. [helloooooo...I've gotta be safe in some way, right?]

***

I did not get all the sudden stir crazy and go out to Target leaving the husband at home to lay on the couch after a day full of moving boxes and unloading. I did not get a sudden burst of oh.my.gosh I need a pair of maternity dress pants!

I did not get to Target and to my surprise find that they had ZERO, zilch, in terms of dress pants. I was not disappointed to find they only had corduroy. I do not HATE corduroy and think its the most god-forsaken material known to man.

Since there were no dress pants, I did not leave with a bundle of Christmas'ey things from the Dollar (or $2.50) spot, and also with a super-cute maternity winter jacket for the smashing price of $34.50. I was not thrilled about this purchase.

While out I did not get a craving for hoagies (or subs as some of you call them), and the craving certainly did NOT happen just by seeing a guy get out of his car with one of those brown bags that looked like it was filled with hoagies/cheesestakes/or something of the sort.

I did not fulfill that craving and I did not come home with one for my hubby as well. We did not eat it while catching up on Fringe, The Office and Parks and Recreation.

***
I did not go back to my old Church on Sunday Morning and I did not get about 5 or 6 hearty belly rubs (since they haven't seen us in quite some time). It did not make me feel uncomfortable. No, not at all...its totally normal for people come up and rub your belly. Riiiiight. Only if you're buddha.

***

I did not enter a bajillion giveways on this awesome site and win this neat little purse holder (for when you go to restaurants, and don't want your purse sitting on the nasty floor!).


I did not have some random boost of energy and I did not do a crucial part of the nursery last night while Declan was watching football. I do not love it.

I did not then spend oh...say...2-3 hours searching nursery items online, and tapping Declan's shoulder during the beloved Eagles game, saying, "oooh Look! Do you love?"

I did not realize my taste is REALLY expensive.

***

I did not start listening to Christmas music this morning.

I am not thrilled to only have a 2.5 day work week.

I do NOT love thanksgiving and cannot WAIT for the deliciousness that is to come.

***

Happy Monday.


(To join in the Not-Me Fun....check out McMama's blog)



15 comments:

  1. I did not love reading this post. ;)

    And I am not jealous that you got to see New Moon with VIP passes. That is so totally- not- cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which jacket did you get? I've definitely been stalking the maternity section for coats, but can't bring myself to buy.

    Also, I had no idea there was such a thing as VIP movie passes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, you don't love corduroy?? I do! Thanks for your fun texts this weekend. Sorry I have nothing good to report. :( Boooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too cute! I would have loved to see New Moon! I'm seriously jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  5. woah, VIP passes!! yep, I am officially jealous of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM verrry jealous of your VIP status this weekend! New Moon mixed with Chick-fil-a?? I don't know how life could get any better!

    I'm convinced it's a good thing we don't live anywhere in the general vacinity of each other. We'd both be about 20 lbs heavier (pregnancy not included). Love me a good hoagie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some maternity leggings, if you need them:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. VIP passess??!!! THat sounds like fun... well maybe not for your husband. Poor guy....
    And I've never heard anyone calling subs hoagies! I learn something new each day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a little purse holder like that

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome although I didn't get in on the "Twilight" craze I do know a lot of women in my life who'd be super jealous of you. I squealed in my car this morning when I tuned to my regular morning drive radio station and it was Christmas music!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha - You are silly, lol. Is your little baby ready for some thanksgiving yumminess?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO jealous of your vip passes! jorden refuses to see any twilight movies so i had to go w/my girlfriend haha

    and omg i have been craving subs/hoagies soooo bad! (growing up subs and hoagies were different things so thats funny that you call them the same thing :) )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmm-now you have me craving a cheesesteak hoagie! And it's only 9am!

    I'm sooo jealous of the VIP passes-I haven't even seen it yet because I didn't want to fight the crowds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhhhhh, you're giving me baby fever. And mine is only 17 mos. old. Ah ha. I would LOVE to decorate another nursery! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete