Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Thank you questions...you make life easier.

For Tuesday...a little question/answer session. The oddity in the whole thing is that half of it was started last night, and then finished this morning. So? If you're scratching your head at some of my answers-thats why.

1.What is your current obsession ?
Being with child. It's not actually an obsession-it's just this reality that my body is changing. Do I have any real motivation yet for our nursery and other projects I want to do? No. That's the truth.

2. What are you wearing today?
Now I'm wearing black yoga pants and a purple ribbed target tank top
which I love. Super stretchy and will probably last me forever through this pregnancy. Halle-lu-halle-lujah.

3. What’s for dinner?
Oh no. So...now I have to say it. Chicken cheese steaks....we're sharing one tonight. In my defense--I just got done making a TON of chicken noodle soup and tupper
wared them all up for Declan to take to work. I am sick of cooking! [yes. I still look bad, I know.]

4. What’s the last thing you bought?

A water, at school-from the vending machine.

5. What are you listening to right now?
Pure silence. Oh! Declan's car just pulled up. Score. Cheesesteak time.

6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
I just stole this from Gina and Brittany-both of whom I love and are my blogging bff's.

7. If you could have a house, totally paid for, fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
I'm thinking beach...or, maybe I'll be lame and say...if I can HAVE that house forever-maybe just right around here where all my family is.

8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
flip flops and tank tops

9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Just one hour? Umm...I'd go snorkeling somewhere in the Carribbean. I'm thinking also, that I'd go to the Sistine Chapel.

10. Which language do you want to learn?
Spanish, fluently.

11. What’s your favorite quote?
I'm not a huge quote gal, but one of my famous sayings (by Picasso) is: "
Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."

12. Who do you want to meet right now?

A really inspiring art teacher. I just need some inspiration right about now.

13. What is your favorite color?
Blue, lime green, brown, tan....the list goes on and on. How can I choose?!

14. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?
A new(er) maternity wrap sweater from Old Navy. It's simply the most comfortable thing I've ever worn.

Right now, it's a little more "wrapped" due to the smaller baby belly. But...its the best.

15. What is your dream job?
a stay-at-home mom, where I know I'll struggle with going crazy, loneliness, needing adult interaction, etc--but ultimately I'll know its the best for my kids.

16. What’s your favorite magazine?
I'm so not a magazine girl. But? I really do like Better Homes and Garden. My grandmom got it for me as a gift..and keeps renewing it. It has awesome ideas and beautiful inspiration.

17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Definitely Christmas gifts. I need to get going on that whole shopping thing.

18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?

I have three...

Denim on denim. yuck! Denim jackets, no matter HOW cute do NOT go with jeans.

The lime green or purple or hot pink skinny jeans for guys. You WILL, I repeat, you will regret those later.

Shirts that stop right at your waist. They are longer these days for a reason. If I can see your tramp stamp or your whale tale (when your thong hangs out)....your shirt is TOO short, or your pants are too low. You choose.

19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?
The Olsen twins...they seriously were wearing rags at one point with oversized sunglasses and someone thought that was cute.

20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?
I'm a huge fan of short hair. I love, love, love it! I think it frames your face more and tend to be flattering. However, I hate when I can't put it back. It's a catch 22 for me.

21. What are you going to do after this?
Watching the rest of "UP" that we didn't finish last night because I was too tired to continue on. Also? We're watching Little People...exciting, huh? We love our monday nights, spent being lazy and on the couch.

22. What are your favorite movies?
Oh my gosh...I'm really not sure I can pick. I am a huge fan of romantic comedy, chick flicks, and (some) exciting, thriller-ish movies. I hate, hate, HATE horror. I also am not a fan of guns, shooting and fire.

23. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?
Bronzer, Mascara, chapstick. Makes me seem like simple girl-although I don't really consider myself that. It's just that...I'm not really about the brands. I try new things all.the.time.

24. What inspires you ?
Creating. Getting in that groove. Being around creative people.

25. Give us three styling tips that always work for you?
-Don't leave the house in sweats unless you're going to the gym. {or maybe this is due to how often I run into students and how odd it is the next day when they say,"I saw you in your pajamas!"}

-Wear earrings ALL the time. Even if they are little studs. An empty hole...is well, just that. Empty.

-Mascara, mascara, mascara. Although I'm blessed to have long lashes as it is-giving that extra boost always makes your face wake up. Me and my sister-in-love, Lyryn have a little "joke". One time I told her to put on mascara because "her eyes were blending in with her face." She still loves me.

26. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
Layer, layer, layer. Add an accessory. Put on a pair of funky earrings. Wear a plain-jane outfit and pair it with a funky scarf.

27. Coffee or tea?
Coffee. Or Iced tea.

28. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Get creative. Go shopping (sad, but true). Wander isles at target. Blog.

29. What is the meaning of your name?
Katherine means Pure One.

30. Which other blogs do you love visiting?
Lots. But, I tend to enjoy reading when blogs are focused on a particular topic that day, rather then the "today I did this..." type entry. However, I read most of what I can.

31. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Apple Pie, Cherry Pie, Pumpkin roll or PIE...I do like pie.

32. Favorite Season?
Spring

33. If I come to your house now, what would you cook for me?
Chicken Parmesan, most likely.

34. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
I tend to internalize it for about a day, and then completely forget about it the next day. Which, often times isn't the best when I should probably be confronting the individual..but hey. I don't stay bitter.

35. How do you calm yourself down when you are agitated or angry?
Call someone, usually my husband or sister.

36.Who is the modern ideal girl: The one who knows how to shop, dress and enjoy, or the one who is simple but manages the house, kids and herself well?
I think BOTH. I would love to be a healthy mix of both. I don't want to lose myself completely when I have children. I do realize, though, that this just happens at times.


14 comments:

  1. We had chicken parm last night and I totally think that everyday should be spent in a lazeball on the couch with the hubs. I aim to do that at least once every night! ;)

    & thank you for agreeing with me on the neon colored jeans being a faux pas, they are a technicolored hot mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a little something that'll make you feel better about your chicken cheese steaks (which I LOVE and don't get enough of). Last night I made chicken parm for dinner. Buutt... it was the premade, come all mixed up in a bag, frozen kind. *in my defense.. I keep options like this bc most of the time I don't know if hubs will be home for dinner during the week*. I pour it out in the pan and get this.. the chicken.. is in the form of chicken nuggets. Which I was repulsed by for a split second but then figured what's the difference right? Breaded chicken is breaded chicked. Plus I didn't have to cut it up.. already in bite sized pieces.
    I'm loving that old navy wrap! Can't wait to be pregnant for reasons just like that. And you know.. the whole creating a baby thing. And my dream job is also being a SAHM. I realize as well it comes with a lot of struggles but it's just always been so important to me! But my dream - although unrealistic - is to look cute and sassy everyday doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my my!

    "& thank you for agreeing with me on the neon colored jeans being a faux pas, they are a technicolored hot mess!!" AGREED! lol or the ones with animal print+glitter! hahaha

    I almost choked laughing at the "her eyes are blending in with her face!" hahaha

    ps: I'm borrowing this from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We may be the same person. And let's just say it right now: When we meet IRL, NO HORROR MOVIES. I think that's a safe bet for what we WON't be doing in SC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First and foremost, my life will not be complete until I meet you and Brittany...together...IRL.

    Second, I honest-to-goodness typed the Olsen Twins for that answer too. But then I second-guessed myself about whether they were actually style icons, because like I said, I obviously don't pay attention to that stuff.

    And denim on denim! How did I forget that one? Just thinking about it makes me a little twitchy.

    Oh---and I love love LOVE your favorite quote. I think I might make a poster that says that and hang it in my classroom. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this... How long did this take to fill out??? haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun little post! Such neat things to learn about you :) Pie. Yummy. And that maternity sweater looks comfy - it also looks like something I would want NOW even with no baby bump, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree about mascara and I love your answer to the last one :) I strive to be both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree on the Olsen twin thing. I will never get their style, plus they carry bags that could double as luggage. Don't get me wrong I love a big purse, but theirs' are ginourmous. Loved the post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started to crack up when I read your mascara tip. It's true... I know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this! I always adore reading questionnaires. It's so personal and fun getting to know bloggy friends. :) I completely agree with you on the Olsen twin thing; they are so annoying with their "fashion" choices- they look like bag ladies, not billionaires! How did you like "Up"? I have been dying to see this! It looks so adorable. And uhm, also, completely agree about all of your fashion faux pas, especially the shirts that are too short! Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, when I'm preggo and still have the energy to cook...then wow. I think your Chicken cheese steaks sound great! BTW- your maternity sweater looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute post! I want to come over so you can cook me chicken parm-yummy!

    Love the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this was fun!
    I loved, "UP." Sooo cute!! Love the name, "Ellie."

    I love pie too. I was a little bummed with I heard we were only having one at Thanksgiving and I even offered to make one !

    ReplyDelete