Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursdays: Feeling better and amusing husband edition


I'm thankful that I'm feeling good! The aches are pretty much gone, and I just feel so.much.better. hallelujah.

I'm thankful that today is Thursday, and tomorrow, no kids come to school. Teachers just come in for a few hours to get some work done, and hooray--then we get to leave at 11:30am.

I'm thankful for Dunkin Donuts coffee on a morning like today. Don't worry, it's decaf. But, it still does a body good.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to get my Masters degree for free. [I have to write this, to encourage myself to do my school work tonight...I'm so dreading it.]

I'm thankful for a weekend of no real plans. Oh how I LOVE them. Carefree.

I'm thankful I finally got my hair highlighted! I felt much better going since being in the 2nd trimester, and since I've basically been pregnant since May (with the miscarriage), it's been long overdue getting this mop taken care of.

I'm very thankful for substitutes who graciously come in and teach my class, leaving no notes of bad things that occur...it eases my mind to know that it's okay to stay home when I feel sick.

I'm thankful for a husband who makes me laugh, often.
Like, last night, for example...at 2am when he jumped OVER his pregnant, already doesn't sleep too well-wife to flick on the lights because,

"I saw a hairy spider crawl across the floor!!"

I woke up, very calm after being trampled, actually and said,

"Babe, there is NO way you saw a spider, it's pitch black in here." (Remember? We sleep like it's a cave. I still hold to the story of...HE was totally dreaming.)

He searched around the room for a few minutes and then I finally convinced him there was no spider (we don't really get too many as it is, especially big, hairy ones!).

He still proceeds to believe there is indeed a spider on the floor of "his side" of the room...so he then decides to spoon me so tight and very much on my side of the bed (as if I would protect him if that darned thing came near us...heck-to-the-NO), that I ALMOST FELL OFF THE BED.

There was no spider. I'm stickin' to it.

Happy Thursday!

16 comments:

  1. lol I love when you say heck-to-the-no!

    And how funny is it that he was that freaked out about a hairy spider LOL Thanks for sharing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm glad you're feeling better and I'm glad there was no spider!!! You guys are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, this made me LOL!!!! I would be saying heck-to-the-no on the spider deal too, haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, wow I enjoyed this post very much. :) My name is Jen, I found your blog due to some things we have in common. :)
    I have a friend whom you remind me SO much of. Are you a teacher? If so, she is too--she also loves Dunkin Donuts coffee (she's a coffeeholic!), she's married and cannot wait to be a mom. :)
    Her blog is emery1219.blogspot.com

    Thanks for the laugh--and the reminder to be thankful today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO glad you are feeling better. I love the care free weekends, they are the best. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh.. thanks for starting my day off with a good laugh. That was too funny!
    And I'm SO SO glad you are feeling better. Hope that continues throughout the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're feeling better!

    And I love the hubs story. I love the iron-grip spooning too! My husband does funny things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely things to be thankful for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m glad that you’re feeling better and will be able to relax some over the next few days! That is awesome that your job is paying for your Master’s. You also just reminded me that I need highlights in a bad way.

    The spider story is very funny and something that would happen in my house for sure. That is Geof’s biggest fear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hilarious he freaked out about a spider that wasn't even there! LOL

    So glad to hear you are feeling better!! enjoy your relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you're feeling better!!

    My husband talks in his sleep, and sometimes we'll have like full on conversations. He also wakes up sometimes in the middle of the night convinced it's like 3 pm or something. Whatever he was just dreaming about. Men are weird! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! You are too cute. I would've died laughing about the spider!

    I'm so glad you're feeling well! YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Kate - there's a message for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The spider story made me laugh! If there actually had been a spider, would your hubby have killed it or made you do it? :)

    Ahh, and I love that you love Dunkin Donuts coffee! I am slightly addicted to it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. film ve sinema film izle
    izle ve seyret
    film izle
    online ve bedava
    film izle
    yerli ve yabancı
    film izle
    sinema filmleri
    çizgi film izle
    film izleme
    anime izle
    çizgi filmler ve anime izle
    erotik film izle
    erotik filmler...
    erotik film izle

    bedava film izle

    online film izle

    ReplyDelete