Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful Thursdays: The short and sweet edition.


I am so thankful that it's Thursday already! This week seemed to fly by, which is sadly what I wanted it to do. I can't wait for thanksgiving...

I'm thankful for my sweet friends here. I get some amazing, encouraging comments from you all and I seriously adore you.

I'm grateful that so many of you voted on the gender poll to the right. If you would vote, I'd appreciate it. I just find it fun to guess ahead of time, don't you?!

I'm thankful that after the fiasco of a bomb threat at school yesterday, we're all FINE. It was a little chaotic to say the least, but, we got out of school a few hours early-and it made for one very interesting day to say the least.

I'm thankful for all our veterans.

I'm thankful that my dad is in the nationals for Entrepeneur of the Year, and is currently in Palm Springs, California. I hope he brings home the big title :) Go daddio!

I'm thankful for great ideas for homemade Christmas gifts. Thank you DIY bloggers. You rock my world.

I'm thankful for the vet that takes good care of my crazy pup. I'm also thankful that after he got his 4 shots (and $196 later...) on Tuesday night, he was the most lethargic I've EVER seen him for the next day or two. It was kind of nice, actually. Maybe a glimpse into our future? I hope...

I'm thankful for paychecks. Hallelujah.

I'm thankful for quick, fun, Thanksgiving lessons that make my day a little easier.

Happy Thursday!
2 weeks until Turkey-day :)



18 comments:

  1. I voted!! I guess boy. What does your Chinese Birth Chart say? I have never seen it been wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thankful posts!

    And ugh, bomb threats! I can't believe that happened at an elementary school! What's the world coming to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some turkey day, can't wait!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted girl against my better judgement. I want it to be a girl so badly because I can just see you with a little mini me running around, but that nagging voice in my head kept saying boy. We shall seeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted boy, really because EVERYONE seems to be having boys right now. I think you would be super super adorable with a little girl though too so...it was a tough call. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe that is a fun poll! i think you're having a girl. I dunno why i just do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted girl because I just think that would be so cute! Your thankfulness is inspiring and reminds me to slow down and be thankful for all the good things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thankful you're excited (and acknowledging) Thanksgiving! It seems like so many people are already preparing for Christmas. I voted - I chose girl because that was my first instinct - it'll be fun to see if that's right or not!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote boy because you were/are sick. Seems that boys = puking.

    p.s. I am thankful for people who call me out on my stupid blog comments. You are a keeper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet post!! And bomb threats what?!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your Thankful Thursdays! I think I'll give it a try one week. Seems very much appropriate with Thanksgiving on its way! I'm so excited for the holiday, too. This is the first Thanksgiving that I'll be cooking in my own home. Pretty exciting!

    I voted on your gender poll... I'll have to wait and see if my gut feeling is correct. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bomb threats at an elementary school?! Seriously, what is the world coming to?!

    I have to say I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I voted boy, not sure why, maybe it is because I'm having boy on brain my lil sis found out she is having boy #2 in April.

    BTW, I must have missed what was wrong with your pup. Mine was sick too, allergies, he got a shot and some medicine. He has seasonal allergies, go figure.

    Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanksgiving is almost here! I can't wait - I'm thankful for the good food we will be eating VERY soon!

    I voted for a girl! When do you find out the sex?

    I LOVE PAY DAY! Wooo Hooo!

    You Thankful Thursdays are so cute!
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I voted....I also wanted to let you know that since you guys are such huge Phillies Fan...my hubby and I live like a mile from their AAA stadium, the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs. You guys should come up for a game sometime...I would love to meet you in person. (I hope that didn't sound stalkerish)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm SO thankful for bloggy friends. Especially ones like you. I know we don't chat or comment each other a ton, but I can just TELL you have such a good heart. I always enjoy reading your blog.

    Have a great night, baby mama!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it would be so fun to be pregnant at Thanksgiving...yum yum! I voted girl...but I'm almost always wrong so that doesn't say much. Are you going to find out as soon as you can or wait?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bomb threat!??! Scary! I voted boy-just an instinct!

    ReplyDelete