Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The eve of christmas eve

The house is sparkly clean.

The decorations are just right.

The gifts are wrapped and under the tree.

Although, I still have some more of Declan's gifts to wrap.
[I can't be finished everything, right?]

Cookies are made and ready to go.

Mac has his Christmas sweater on.

I have just half a day of school left.

It's really Christmas.

Finally.

The madness (wonderful-ness) will begin.

Tonight, we are hosting our 2nd annual Christmas Eve-Eve party.

Wish you all could join us. Seriously.

Tomorrow we have Christmas with my grandparents and then a big Christmas Eve Dinner and gift-opening with Declan's family. It's a really great time.

Christmas day will be spent all day with my family. We'll be eating cinnamon buns, drinking egg nog and coffee, watching my nieces enjoy the magic of Christmas, taking too many pictures and giving and receiving gifts. We'll have a nice dinner all together...and most of all...we'll relax.

Yes.

Relax.

My sore, achey, sciatic-nerve-stricken body needs it.

We'll also focus on the true meaning of Christmas...which, isn't about Santa, gifts, or togetherness (which are all fun things)...but about the birthday of Jesus. He deserves the biggest birthday party after all, doesn't He?

Merry Christmas Eve-Eve.

Oh, and PS: here's a little "woohoo!" to being off school for the next 11 days...just a few perks to being a teacher.


13 comments:

  1. 11 days!! WOW, enjoy it!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break and enjoy your Christmas girl!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. You guys have school this week!? That's not fair.
    2. I'm super jealous of your clean house & perfect decorations. Ours started that way, but it's been downhill ever since.
    3. I'm glad I'm not the only one still wrapping!!

    I hope you have wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your break! And Merry Christmas!!! :)

    P.S.-I can't believe you even have to work 1/2 day today. My mom works at the high school here and she's been off since last Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we eat cinnamon buns every christmas morning too! haha.. hope you have a great holiday with your family! MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog from a friend. I was pregnant last Christmas and I remember that sciuatic nerve pain! uggh. Just think, this time next year you'll be celebrating your sweet girl's first Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous of you being off for 11 days! I called in to work today, and feel terrible about it--but I know it will be worth it! My plan is to relax until noon, and then try to clean the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. woohoo for real! I'm surprised you got out so late though!
    I am baking cookies tomorrow night-for Santa of course...and looking forward to enjoying my boys and their toys.

    Whatcha doing about that Sciatic issue? Pelvic tilts may help? Just to get your stretch on...

    xoxo and have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your Christmas, and maybe, if our friendship continues to grow we can start a new tradition and get together for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, I love this post. Have you tried yoga for your sciatic pain? It helped me a ton when I was preggo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo hoo! Merry Christmas and Happy Winter Break!

    ReplyDelete