Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Funny kid comment of the day: The political Version

...Yesterday, I start overhearing political talk going on amongst the artwork. Odd, for this time of year, actually. But, nevertheless--I don't put it past 'em.


[Please note: I write these things down AS they are happening, so that it is NOT fabricated, and is completely word for word as fast as my little hand can write!]

~~~


Here it goes.


2nd Grade Boy: I’m gonna be president of the United States one day.


This way, I can make my own laws…


For the enocomy! (that is how he SAID economy-so cute!)


[I decided to chime in...]


Me: Oh really, buddy? That’s nice.


2nd Grade Boy: Yea, and I will lower taxes and make LOTSA stuff free.


Me: Well, you can’t make everything free. Unfortunately-that’s just how the world works. But, it would be nice!


2nd Grade Boy: I won’t make everything free. Just some things. Besides, taxes are makin’ a big problem in the enocomy.


Me: How do you know all of this important stuff?


2nd Grade Boy: I watch the news. Yep. Every single morning.


Girl next door chimes in: You watch the news?! Did you hear the story about the woman who owned the chimpanzee?!?!?! [kids are SO random]


~~~

The other students start to break out into
which candidate they liked better…Obama or McCain… (Hello? Do they REALIZE they are months too late…?)

Boy #1: I like McCain. That’s who I voted for. [Voted. HA. Love these kids.]


Boy #2: Well I like Obama!


(McCain boy bends over to Obama boy and whispers this little gem of information...)


Yea, but did you know when John McCain was a boy, he was a ROCKSTAR?!


Boy #2: REALLY?!!!! COOL!


~~~


This is my life for ya. It is not a joke. I repeat, it is NOT a joke. Sometimes I wish it were...


~~~


Happy Wednesday!

19 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS!!!! You could probably fill a whole notebook with the stuff you hear, LOL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - nice. Months too late or not, it's kind of cool they are keeping up with real life affairs. Now, I hope they still remember to be kids sometime in there but still, good for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were right when they said kids say the darnedest things! :) What an adorable conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, I love kids. They definitely have their priorities straight! Chimpanzee story trumps any other story on the news, and rockstar as a kid? Well then clearly that's who you should "vote" for. Hilariously that's how a large number of voters determine who gets their vote as adults!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I love little kids and the things they say. It could entertain me all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol He watches the news for real? Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHA! That's awesome! The things that impress kids are pretty freaking adorable! He was a rockstar.. haha.. cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. TOO funny! At least he watches the news instead of other trash on TV ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. soo cute! How do you know when to correct them and when to just let it go? So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure keeps work fun huh? Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kids are great! I taught 2nd grade Sunday School until the start of this year, and I would hear some of the funniest things! I think 7 is a great age -- they're starting to pay attention to "larger-life" things, but still don't really have a clue about what's going on, plus little things (like being a rockstar or coloring a pretty picture) really impress them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this! This is Class-A adorable! I wanna teach little ones after reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know they had rockstars in 1928! LOL! Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too funny! At least you have kids to entertain you all day long! :-) Well most of the time.. haha

    ReplyDelete