Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Like Mother...Like....[Daughter/Son?] Which one?

Okay. I never post two blogs in a day...but I just had to talk about this little experience we had today, so forgive me.

We had an ultrasound today.

I hadn't mentioned anything about it because I was HOPING to have come back with a *big* surprise announcement and Oh weeee! We know the gender! But, it didn't quite work out that way.

First of all, we decided to keep the news of this earlier ultrasound (pre-20 week) quiet so that we could surprise all our family with the gender news. We had cute little ideas of how to do it, where to do it, etc. We were ready for action.

I could hardly sleep last night. I mean, I slept...but everytime I shut my eyes I dreamt about ultrasounds and not just normal ones...they were weird. Like, pregnancy dream weird. It was restless to say the least.

I jumped out of bed with a bounce in my step. I taught 2 classes, then had a sub come in and finish my day out for me. It was the worlds shortest day of school and I loved.every.minute. I met my hunnie at home (he took some time off work), and off we went.

I got the goop on my tummy and off she went. The baby popped up right away and my oh my how much bigger the baby was from before! It was amazing. We had big, huge, ginourmous smiles plastered on our faces the whole time. The WHOLE time. The baby was waving it's arms, trying to navigate the thumb in his/her mouth (and managed to bunk their head a few times trying! poor baby!), and even twisting and turning. It was so so so so amazing. I kept saying, "awww..." and "look how cute!"....and even managed to watch the baby elbow me repeatedly. [Now I know why I started feeling that baby...they aren't kicks...the baby is throwing elbows at me like a WWF superstar!]

It was awesome. (Did I say that already? Yes. I did. I'll probably say it about 78938 more times, too.)

Then, they did some measuring, and we're right on target as expected.

The whole time the tech's knew we wanted to know the gender if at all possible. So, the super professional took over the probe and started getting the butt shots.

And then...

I could see...

the cutest, tiniest little legs....

all tucked up....

hiding the baby bits.

She tried...and tried...even let me go pee, and then try again. But, to no avail.

The baby wouldn't flash it's goods. The baby wouldn't spread 'em wide. The baby decided he or she liked the privacy and "hold the photo's please".

So, this little baby is already very stubborn like someone we know. *cough*me*cough*. Baby B will leave us wondering for another 16 days. Our next ultrasound is December 18th and we're just praying the baby will give us a good flash.

Until then...I'll have to leave you pictures of the world's cutest baby. [Oh my...I've become one of those bias type...haven't I?]

Photobucket

Photobucket

...and here's a frontal view.
Photobucket


Until December 18th...keep on guessin' ;)

24 comments:

  1. I'm going to guess and say it's a girl and she's just being a lady and keeping her legs crossed?

    Or it could be a stubborn lil boy?

    Oh I don't know! But I'm excited to find out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww! adorable!!!!!!

    I'm getting a boy vibe! :)

    I'm so excited to find out!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! sooo happy for you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww what a bummer that he/she wouldn't show it off! but how fun that you got to see your precious one again today!!! and you're totally allowed to be biased with your own kid...I have to admit, s/he is really cute!!!! :)

    Can't wait to find out what you're having!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww what a bummer that he/she wouldn't show it off! but how fun that you got to see your precious one again today!!! and you're totally allowed to be biased with your own kid...I have to admit, s/he is really cute!!!! :)

    Can't wait to find out what you're having!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for ultrasounds! My little one is STILL being stubborn so the best we have is that it is "maybe a girl" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I would have been the same way. I barely sleep the night before anything exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so exciting! I bet it is so surreal to see the baby! Hope she/he cooperates next time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, my nephew was the same way! I was up with my sister-in-law when she had her ultrasound and he didn't want to show it. Finally the tech spotted it, but it was so quick that they couldn't get a picture of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am thinking it is going to be a girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I said boy at first, but the legs crossed totally screams GIRL to me. My daughter and this little girl both had their legs crossed. Stinkers. ;) Can't wait for you to find out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a bummer!! I would be really dissapointed!! I hope you get to find out next time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, s/he is just shy!

    That's a bummer you have to wait longer to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Look at that precious baby! Hope the little one flashes you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is really cute that you and your husband were so excited to see the baby on the ultrasound. It must be an amazing thing. I can’t even imagine what that must be like. It sounds like you have an active little one inside. You must be in such suspense! I say it’s a girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. boy or girl I am so happy for you guys and SOOOOOOOO anxious to find out! until next week... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soo cute! That is too bad that you couldn't find out...maybe next time. Doing ultrasounds was one of my fav parts of pregnancy. How awesome to see them kicking and punching while inside:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww sonogram pictures are the cutest! I hope little B is less modest next time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww, so stinking precious!!!! And stronged-willed baby you have on your hands, haha!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww! I can't wait for your next ultrasound now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both times this has happened to my friends, it ended up being a lady-like little girl. Maybe my vote was right!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a stubborn little baby ;)

    Lol at WWF superstar! I can't wait to start getting elbows thrown at me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. cute little baby!! but at least he/she isn't an exhibitionist. :)

    ReplyDelete