1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
got pregnant. twice.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I honestly don't make them, really. Sad, I know. But? This year...I do plan on going through my New Testament one-year-devo that my dear sister, Kesh gave me.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lots of babies were born this year...but many MORE are coming in 2010. Holy cow..like, LOTS. I think I know over 25 pregnant chicks between real life and blog-world. Maybe, make that 30.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?None.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?a baby girl.
7. What dates from 2009 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
July 10th-the day we found out we lost our first baby. It was tough.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Becoming a better person. Still have a long way to go.
9. What was your biggest failure?Maybe my memory is bad...but I can't really pinpoint something at this time.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The miscarriage and a side of heartache. But, joy comes in the morning.
11. What was the best thing you bought?Adding the deck onto our house
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hmm...certainly not my dog. He's digressed.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ahh. My dog. Okay, kidding..we love him.
Into the house. Mortgages are a killer. ;)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Honestly? The very BEST, most excitable moment I can remember is my first positive pregnancy test. You can read about it here.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Oh wow. That's too hard.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
b. fatter (but only in the tummy where the chica is growing)
c. richer in blessings
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
vacationed. read my bible.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
maybe watch tv....although, there are times I go days without ever turning it on.
20. How did you spend Christmas?the best way yet...all day at my parents with family, in pj's, relaxed...
21. Did you fall in love with 2009?
We fell in love with a baby girl in 2009...but the year itself? no. I am gladly welcoming 2010.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Ohh...here's the list:
Parks and Rec
I'm a Celebrity Get me out of here
So you Think you can dance
(hahahaha.....and I just said I don't always turn the TV on :) )
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?No. In fact, I think I gained a lot of friendships....especially one's that were rekindled from the past.
24. What was the best book you read?This is pathetic. I really don't read. Honestly...just a little bit here and there. It's something I don't believe I'll ever get fully into. I've never ever been an avid reader.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Adele (more the end of last year), Kris Allen (yay american idol!).
26. What did you want and get?
a growing baby in the tum.
luxury vacation just with Declan (this won't happen a verylongtime now)
28. What was your favorite film of 2009?
I laughed the hardest in the Hangover.
I genuinely loved the Blindside.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?Had an awesome dinner at FireCreek with my family and spent the day at the park with my hubby and new camera. It was so relaxing and fun.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A big, ginourmos raise :) Okay, kidding. Nothing really...life is good.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
Layer. Accessorize. Don't lose your own style. Accentuate your good features, but stay classy.
32. What kept you sane?My husband. My Faith.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?How about EVERYTHING right now. I try to keep this blog politics-free. But ohmygoshIcouldfreakout over the things going on right now. I'll shutup now.
34. Who did you miss?My sister when she was in Africa.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Chrissy. Known her for YEARS actually but this year we've gotten very close. She's become a dear friend I know I can trust and lean on.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.Positive growth comes out of personal tragedy.
Have a happy and safe new years eve!