Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Silent Sunday: Simple, Simple Recipe Style

Not sure what to bring to a party this year for a tasty treat? Well...I've got just the thing for you. We call them "Killer Pretzels"...other not so cool simple people call them, "Seasoned Pretzels". I prefer the Killer in the title...makes them sound...bad to the bone. I kinda like that.

So, since this is silent sunday...and well, there are supposed to be photos, I added some.

Oh by the way...my mom made these for us often growing up. I tend to now make them only around the holidays...not sure why. Also? This is no secret recipe, in fact, I'm sure you know it already.

Here are your ingredients:


Can't see what they are?

2 Cups Veg. Oil
1 Package dry ranch dressing
1/2 Tsp. Dill Weed
1/2 Tsp. Lemon Pepper
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder


Oh yes, and of course...the pretzels. I just realized today that these pretzels MIGHT be a Pennsylvania thing. If that's the case-then you can buy any hard pretzels and break them up. OR-you can honestly use ANY pretzels you'd like! Thin, thick, whatever. We don't discriminate.


Combine all ingredients into the bottom of a baking pan. Use a spoon just to mix it all up. Then, add the pretzels (one full bag) on top and stir, stir, stir.

Good luck keeping all the pretzels on the tray while mixing. Its loads of fun. :)

Once they look pretty evenly covered...

Put them in the oven at 350.

The total bake time is 15 minutes BUT--take them out at each 5 minute increment to stir them up again to keep the ingredients on the pretzels, and not hanging out on the bottom of the pan.


Capiche?

Let them cool before eating.

And...voila.
Put them in your cute little festive party bowl, and off you go. Or, you can just sit at home like me and munch on them whenever you feel like it.

Don't judge.

:)


9 comments:

  1. My family makes those pretzels...but only at Christmas time. They are delicious and you have officially made me want to eat some (and I don't have any). Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have this recipe! I might make it for our after-Christmas party at my brother's this year! Good call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I gotta try these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum those sound good, I wll definitely have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm!! What a perfect snack for a Christmas Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm! A girl at my work makes these each Christmas and I absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete