Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful Thursdays


First of all, Hallelujah Thursday. The best TV night of the week. The best and only, "Yesss, tomorrow is FRIDAY!" night of the week, shall I say.

I'm thankful for those adorable little kids who are making soap after school to raise money for Africa. If you're interested in helping the cause...visit their Etsy shop or read my original post about it. Please consider helping out! (And making me feel like a non-loser, too. Because, who wants to post about something and get ZERO responses to it...honestly?)

I'm thankful that I have a husband who understands when I send him an email saying, "Babe...can we pleeeease go out tonight for dinner. I can't bear the thought of cooking." It made me smile when he said, "It's a date. Pick you up at 6:15." without any hesitation.

I'm thankful for the one day of relief I got from dear old morning sickness yesterday. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least. [Sad to say it did not last into today.]

I'm thankful for the sweet little Christmas cards and notes I've been receiving lately from my students that make me smile and feel appreciated.

I'm thankful that all my Christmas gifts are purchased (not wrapped)--and that I know the true meaning of Christmas is NOT about that, but about the birth of Jesus. For truly, He's the reason for the season.

I'm thankful for glitter (possibly some slight sarcasm). Tis the season to have glitter in your hair, on your pants, and on random spots on your face. [The kids love it. I do it for the kids.]

I'm thankful that on freeeezing cold days like today, when I walk into my house I get that instant warmth-and I'm reminded of how blessed I am.

I'm thankful that the baby (must) be having a growth spurt because momma's belly is starting to be undeniable!

[PS: Word of my pregnancy has spread! The students started figuring it out. Not all of them, but in particular one 2nd grade class who has a pregnant teacher. They've got pregnancy on the brain. Although, when they asked me-I had a good old time messing around with them for a while about all the Christmas cookies I ate, hence the tummy. tehehe.]

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear some of the things that your kids have to say about your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet hubby. Enjoy your dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hubby sounds like a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Love that you told them baby bump was cookies!

    My kids ALL have baby on the brain. They've taken to walking in and yelling, "Yo, Mrs. C, when are you gonna, ya know..."

    And then air-motioning a baby belly with their hands.

    I kind of want to smack them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear what your kids come up with to say to once they all start figuring it out and getting excited about it!

    And.. something our old pastor used to say to us around Christmas time that I loved and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Jesus is NOT the reason for the season.. YOU are. Reasoning behind that being ~ Jesus came for US so WE are the reason :) Just thought I'd share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, check out my friend Amber's tummy at her blog here: http://bambersblessings.blogspot.com

    She's 37 weeks and just posted a belly pic. Poor thing is ready to pop. (She works with me and I took this picture of her in my office lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always thought it would be fun if I got pregnant when I was teaching to tell the kids that I ate a watermelon seed...hehe

    ReplyDelete