Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thankful Thursdays


I'm thankful for lots and lots of things....but I'll keep the list as short as can be.

I'm so very thankful for ultrasounds and (hopefully) wiggly, moving, AWAKE babies who will flash a peek of their bits so we can get a good look tomorrow. [When I say "babies" I mean "baby". There is only one. Promise.]

I'm thankful that Baby B keeps me on my toes. Yesterday, at my OB checkup...it took a solid 3 minutes to pickup the heartbeat on the doppler. I was sweating a little, in fear, I must admit. But, she said the baby was just tucked up in a weird position behind my belly button. Finally, we heard that wonderful wooshing sound.

I'm thankful for middle of the week date nights, and not cooking.

I'm thankful for Christmas presents that were ordered online, showing up in time.

I'm so thankful for heat. I honestly am one of those people who has the heat up pretty high, because I want to be comfortable while I'm home. I love walking into a warm house. I'm so very thankful for it.

I'm thankful for my camera. I'm not a photographer, but I do love to document [duh. I blog.] So, it's been really fun having little photo-sessions with myself (and baby)...because I KNOW I will really appreciate these pictures later.



I'm thankful that no matter if I have a "fat" day (which, dear lord...there are many more to come I fear...), I know that ultimately, this belly is resulting in the greatest gift for our little family.

I'm grateful for really cool nurses at the doctors office, who say really nice things (no matter how [un]true they are) as I'm stepping on the scale to get weighed: "It doesn't matter how much weight you've gained, you still look good in your jeans!"

What a good, good, lady she is.
[For the curious ones out there...no weight gain yet as of yesterday. I'm right where I started this pregnancy out at. I lost two, gained back one, and now am back to where I've started. Although, I'm told to expect a "boom" next time in my weight. Lovely. Can't. Wait.]

I'm thankful that this week somehow, someway moved much faster then I anticipated.

I'm thankful that on FRIDAY there should be a big.gender.reveal! woohoo! :)

[According to the poll....the majority are saying girl, but not by much. Make sure to vote.]

Happy, happy, happy Thursday. I know I'm smiling.


14 comments:

  1. Such a cute post! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a warm house too!!

    Your belly is looking so cute. Definitely have popped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, your belly really has grown, means there's a wonderful healthy baby in there!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for more gender news!

    And seriously, you're right! This week is flying (it's still a bit miserable, but it's flying at least.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I hope I look half as cute prego as you do! Can't wait for the big reveal!!! Like you, there's no way I could wait 9 whole months for that crazy news!!! Have fun tomorrow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with ALL of these! I always get in trouble for turning the heat up "too high" :) You look awesome! I love baby bellies :) This is just a thought, but try drinking some caffiene before your ultrasound. I have a friend who went to find out the sex and the baby was just not cooperating, so they (i don't know who "they" were, I actually think it was her mom!) gave her a Coke and right after the baby was really active! That also tells you what the caffiene does to that little one! Yay, can't wait to hear what you find out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're so CUTE!!! I can't wait to hear if you get a good gender confirmation tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THanks for the smile today. I am having the worst. day. ever and needed to refocus. Can't wait to hear the gender news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still thinking boy!

    You and your belly are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those pictures! They are so stinkin' cute!

    I def think you'll get a little flash of girl tomorrow! Good luck! Hope you can sleep tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to hear if you will be having a little BOY or GIRL!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the belly photos! You are such a cute pregnant lady. :) Good luck on finding out the gender... do we get to know, too?! Hope so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, your belly looks so cute!
    Can't wait to hear the news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete