Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Things I loved...

about this weekend, are as follows:

-We found out we're having a daughter. A daughter! (I love saying the D-word by the way.)

-Almost 2 feet of snow kept us mostly in on Saturday, watching random things on TV, making and decorating lots and lots of sugar cookies, and enjoying the time inside in our warm, cozy home at Christmastime.

-The snow also kept us (mostly) in on Sunday. For this reason the weekend felt so long and so amazing.

-We watched our 2 year old nephew Jayden and he gave us a good laugh. He went peepee and poopie in the potty every single time, didn't whine, cry or get upset ONE time. I swear. He was awesome.

-All the Christmas presents are wrapped, and I have my poor, achey 80-year old grandmother like back can prove it.

-We ate subway last night. I love subway.

-Last night around 7pm my school got called for a 2 hour delay. My extra sleep this morning was heavenly!


Happy Monday of Christmas week!!


12 comments:

  1. Congrats on a little girl!! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm so excited for you and your baby girl! Your weekend sounds fabulous I almost wish we'd get snowed in so I could have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the two-hour delay! God bless extra sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For real, what was there not to love about your weekend????? :) Sounded fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that someone else is still in school! We are almost the only school district (there is one other) that is going at all this week! Glad you got a nice 2 hour delay. Our district needs to learn how to use those once in a while when it's yucky but maybe not bad enough to call school! Of course I don't mind a nice snow day or 5!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous of your sleep, but if someone besides me had to get it, I'm glad it was you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we had lots of pretty snow!!! jealous!

    glad you have had a loving week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, what a fun-filled weekend.

    I missed your gender post so I am SO happy and excited and thrilled for you with such terrific news. :) You're going to have a daughterrrr!! Yay!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh are you doing Lindsay "Things I love" posts too? I like these kind of posts they are sweet and a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! And the snow day was awesome, wasn't it? I finally finished the handmade Christmas gifts, and got just about everything wrapped--plus had time to enjoy a mystery novel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Katie. . . I am so EXTREMELY happy for you and Declan -- as well as your wonderful parents! I will always remember your radiant smiles the day you both said "I do"! That was a special day to be sure. . but the day you hold your daughter in your arms will put a whole new spin on the word "special". I'm not sure how I stumbled on your blog. . a friend of a friend had you listed and I just had to peek in! :-) You look wonderful and being pregnant definitely agrees with you! BUT I had to write because your latest entry with the ultrasound is just downright precious! Honestly, I guess I can now say I cry at weddings and birth announcements, etc. SO HAPPY FOR YOU KATIE!!!! I will be praying for the safe and healthy arrival of your little baby girl. . and that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas celebrating our Savior's birth. Merry Christmas!
    Nancy Eck - Brandywine Manor House

    ReplyDelete