Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

25 weeks--already? Bump updates...

How far along? 25 weeks (time flies...)

Total weight gain: At my appointment last Wednesday it was 4lbs total. I'm thinking I'm at the pound a week part (and I've been eating MUCH better)...so, I'm gonna go ahead and say 5/6 or so. But, I haven't been on the scale.

Maternity clothes? Still dread most of the shirts. Loving the jeans as usual.

The bump.

I think I'm starting to make people second guess when I'm due. I'm not sure, I can't read their reactions--but when I say I'm due May 8th, they sort of get this look of panic. Am I huge?

25 weeks


Sleep: I sleep well for the most part. I start off on my right side for about half the night, and then switch over to my left when I realize how SORE my side is from sleeping in that position for too long. I also have to tuck a fleece blanket under my belly for support. So far, I'm not a fan of a body pillow. Also? I still get through the night without peeing.

Cravings: Hm. Well, umm...yesterday I craved (oh gosh, I'm gonna say it...) McDonalds Fries. So, after school, guess what my snack was? I felt like such a fatty, but also thought--heck...when else can you get away with this?! Honestly. So, it's alright. I tend to only crave good things like salad, oranges, etc...so this time can slide, right? Pretty please...

Best moment this week: Sitting in bed with my laptop, seeing my belly JUMP--then, I'll pull my shirt up and watch the show. It literally looks like she's putting on a dance routine in there, I love it. Also--last week reaching the point of viability and God forbid something happening, my little love could survive. That's kind of a breathe-easy feeling.

Movement: ALWAYS between the hours of 4pm-midnight. Why? Because I'm usually not moving around too much. When I'm at school, I'm too busy to notice--and also, I think all the noise of the kids, the walking I do, and hearing my chattery teacher voice all day puts her to sleep. :)

Gender: girl girl girl girl girl (can you tell I love writing it?!)

Labor Signs: No thanks! I'll take labor signs as early as 37-38 weeks, but not now. K, thanks.

Belly Button in or out? Declan made a comment recently that its popping out, and umm..it's totally not. I'll add a frontal picture this week, and lucky you-get to see me in all my wideness! Are you ready for the creepy frontal picture? (I find them odd...a bit...)

Photobucket
(gotta love the belly ring hole....kids, I'm an example of "think about the future" when getting your navel pierced, haha.)

What I miss: Getting up out of bed easily because sadly, this is already slightly an issue.

Weekly Wisdom: Relax. God's timing is perfect, in all things.

Milestones: The point of viability, and working more on the nursery.

Favorite Moments: When my husband told me that he thinks pregnancy is sexy, because, uhh...I feel like a whale-but, it made me feel good.

32 comments:

  1. WOW I cannot believe you are 25 weeks!! It seems like yesterday you were announcing! I'm so excited for you to meet your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25 weeks already - wow! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woman! I cannot believe you are 25 weeks already! Is it going as fast for you as it feels for us? You look FABULOUS.. and I'll soon be sporting the belly button holes sans belly ring.. Seriously, what were we thinking? I think I might have a whole post devoted to the day it comes out :( Haha! And GREAT call on the french frieds.. some days? you just have to give in!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every week I'm always shocked at how far along you are! I think you look good! It's so hard to judge just exactly how far along people are because no one's body is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, at least you didn't get one of those.. around the belly button tattoos.. it could be worse! I had my naval pierced, too. At least we can take them out. A tattoo removal would be thousands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No! You aren't huge at all. When I was 25 weeks back in Nov I got those same wide-eyed looks. Because people don't realize that it's not really that far away, and that you're more than halfway. It happens to all of us.

    But you look fabulous. You still have a waistline! I bet from behind you don't even look pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do not look huge! Honestly, I don't think you look that much bigger than I am.

    I think if you eat reasonably well most of the time, a little fatty indulgance now and then is okay. I recently decided to go for the full-fat, loaded with chocolate bits ice cream to rotate with my smoothies and 1/2 ice cream. I mean, we aren't going to this after our babies come, so we might as well enjoy it, occassionally, now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do not look huge! Honestly, I don't think you look that much bigger than I am.

    I think if you eat reasonably well most of the time, a little fatty indulgance now and then is okay. I recently decided to go for the full-fat, loaded with chocolate bits ice cream to rotate with my smoothies and 1/2 ice cream. I mean, we aren't going to this after our babies come, so we might as well enjoy it, occassionally, now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look tiny for 25 weeks... I bet that's the look people are giving you. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so not huge darling! You look fabulous!! Ahh!!! You're getting there! How super exciting.

    Your hubby sounds like a gem and I think it's awesome that he finds the pregnancy sexy, because we all know... Men could not do it... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a cute baby bump. Something is sure in the air with babies. I know so many preggo girlies. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look amazing.

    And your belly button ring hole isn't bad at all. I'll send you a photo of mine and you'll feel aaaallll better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, you've only gained 5 pounds--it is impossible for you to be regarded as huge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cravings reminded me of being pregnant...I used my pregnancy as an excuse to try a BigMac. I've only ever had one, but it was delicious!

    And no, you're not huge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. your bumps adorable from the front!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet husband, kudos to him!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look great!! (and I feel you on the belly ring =)

    I left something for you on my blog!

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look amazing; just think about the end result :]

    in addition, check out my blog- yours was recently featured on it :]

    http://theriseofanovelist.blogspot.com/2010/01/exhausted-synonyms-worn-out-dreary-dead.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am SO jealous of your 4-6lb weight gain. Total I gained 40. Ouch :(

    I think your bump looks perfect for 25 weeks, everyone told me my whole pregnancy I looked 'small' (didn't I just say I gained 40 lbs...????) but then I went into labor 2 weeks "early" so who knows what you're "supposed" to look like. (Wow look at all those quotes haha)

    Also, in lieu of a body pillow I've gotta suggest the boppy pregnancy pillow. It's a not a whole body pillow, it's shaped kinda like a comma and goes between your legs and then supports your belly and I LOVED it, look into it ;-)

    Happy pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww.... you're beautiful!!! I think it's so sweet that you're tracking all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seriously the cutest belly EVER!!!!! )

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the frontal pic! Keep those coming! Your belly is so cute! Although, that button is definitely still in!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm jealous I pee about 4 times every night

    ReplyDelete
  24. Left a lil somethin' something' for you at my place

    ReplyDelete
  25. How much fun Katie!!!! Getting further and further!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look great! My weight gain to date...20lbs!!! I can't even believe it. I didn't have any sort of morning sickness though and I like to believe that each of my boobs weighs 5lbs ~ it makes me feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're not huge! You look just right.

    I'm not sharing my abdomen and I still get up to pee once or twice a night. I'm a bit jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  28. i know i'm way behind on my blog reading, but better late than never? anyways, this is such a beautiful post! congrats on reaching an amazing milestone. i'm looking forward to events like this more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just found your blog and had to post! I am due one day after you, May 9th :) I've really enjoyed reading your blog so far since we are literally due the same time! Also, on this post particularly, I have the dreaded belly ring hole too....except mine is off center...teaches me to go to the creepy corner shop to get it done, ha! But I just subscribed to your feed and I hope to follow your posts more regularly! Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete