Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Birthday-it-up.

I'm not a big fan of birthday posts...to be honest. But, this one...I just cannot avoid, simply because, I don't want to. In fact, this person is the most important person in my life, and I can't fathom the thought of not writing about him on his birthday. What a perfect opportunity to gush about the best thing that ever happened to me, like, for real?! So, with that said, if no one reads a darn thing--I could care less. All I want to know is that at the end of the day, my sweet hubby read it, because that's what matters today.

I struggle with how to write this, because words are just that...words. They don't really do the best job always of explaining my feelings, but I'll try...and, I mean them, with every.ounce.of.me.

Declan is the absolute, 100% best thing that has ever stepped foot in my life. Without him, it's kind of scary to think who or what I'd be. He's been my other half since I was 17, and I truly am a better person because of him. He makes me think, and challenges me in the most gentle, loving way, ever. He hugs and kisses me every time he comes into the house and takes genuine interest in my day. On our weekends, breaks and holidays...we want to be together. I love that about him...he accepts and loves me as his best friend, not just as a 'wife'. He enjoys my company, and I so.very.much love his. I have a hard time letting him go...even if it's just down to the basement to watch a football game. I love him by my side. He gives me so much comfort, especially when I'm feeling sad for no reason, or just plain hormonal. He loves me when I'm puking my guts out, complaining about how bad my back hurts, or snissing (sneeze/pissing) on his foot (hehe). He thanks me for carrying our baby, and brags to other people about how good I'm handling being pregnant. He'll run to the pharmacy for me and buy everything on the shelf when I'm up sick and feeling like I could die in the middle of the night. He does the laundry for me, for heavens sake...and even offers to do the dishes right after he gets home from a mentally exhausting day at work.

He will be the worlds greatest dad, I already know it. It's in him. His character. He has a soft, gentle spirit that I so much admire and love. He's the "let's talk and figure this out" one, and I'm the "let's shove it under the rug and move on" one. He's an amazing communicator, and many men I know tend to suck at communicating. Seriously...I'm so blessed.

I love that we laugh together, and make the most ridiculous, stupid, sometimes perverted jokes that only we get. I love that we have our own lingo. I love that I never, once, have felt fat or ugly in his presence. He makes me feel like a gem, at all times. I kid you not. I am free to be me at all times.

So, today....although I suck at having birthday cards ready and balloons sent to work (oh my gosh, did you know those things cost like 80 bucks? What a rip off.), and I stink at even planning halfway decent birthday evenings.....Happy Birthday, my love. You are better then a million sour patch kids (and as you know, I love me some spk's).

xoxo


24 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! Happy Birthday to your husband! Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a great, sweet post! Happy Birthday to Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw - Great post Katie! Birthday posts are fun :)

    Happy Birthday Declan! Next year you will get to celebrate it with TWO precious girls who love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post. Happy Birthday to your sweet Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! Happy Birthday to your husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! Yay! I love your two's love!

    Happy Birthday to your wonderful hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post! It's such a blessing to have a husband that is truly your Best.Friend.!

    Happy Birthday to your sweet hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too sweet! Happy B-Day to Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww such a sweet post Happy Birthday Mr. Loves Of Life!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happ birthday to the best brother-in-law in the whole world! And I'm not just saying that cause he's my only one... Haha! Love you dec money! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely sweet!!! Hope your hubby has a wonderful birthday!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet post. A million sour patch kids...wow. I'm addicted to those myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a very lucky lady. Happy Birthday Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww happy birthday to Declan! That was such a sweet post! you guys make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet post! You are a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet post!! Happy Birthday Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet post! My hubby is turning 30 on Sunday! Happy birthday to our men :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww that was s sweet! What a nice and genuine post :)

    Also, have I mentioned I loooove the name Declan?? Yup, I do :)

    Hope he had a great bday and you all had a wonderful day together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very sweet post! Happy Birthday to your husband!

    It's so sweet that you are so in love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. so so sweet! happy happy happy birthday to your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete