Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bump Watch...Updates

How far along? 23 weeks 3 days

Total weight gain: We will "officially" see tomorrow at my OB appointment. I've been a bit overwhelmed about the thought of weight gain recently, and according to my scale over the last two weeks or so it looks like I've (finally) gained 5lbs. I know in the grand scheme of things that's really low and not much at all, but for some reason it's doing such a mind job on me. I also, do realize the baby is seriously growing-because, whoa baby belly. I also just "feel" more pregnant. So, 5lbs give or take I'd say.

Maternity clothes? Loving the maternity jeans as usual. Hating the dress pants, but, unfortunately I have to dress business casual as a teacher. Go figure! Still managing to hold onto my style thanks to some of my fun tips on dressing your bump for your bod. [Sporting a belt today, in fact.]

Picture from a few days ago...some major growing.

Photobucket

Sleep: I wake up sore and achey every single day...and I know this is going to just get worse so I'm trying to embrace it, in between the moans and groans my husband has to put up with, haha. Also, I've been getting lots of leg cramping--luckily not when I sleep, but, just in general. It's really annoying more then painful.

Cravings: Changes all the time...but, I've been eating so many navel oranges it's not even funny. Seriously, my stomach hates me from all the acidic-ness (if thats even a word), so I had to cut back. I'm back into lemonade again and salads. I still, as usual, love a toasted bagel with cream cheese. That has been my staple this entire pregnancy when nothing sounded good, a bagel always did.

Best moment this week: Feeling her for hours on end during the day. It makes me smile. Also, seeing Declan's reaction when he felt her kick for the first time. Ohhh--and yesterday, I saw my belly move from the outside as she was kicking! It was unreal. Which, then, led me to look up youtube videos of crazy baby movement, and omg--in the end, it looks so alien-like. I love it!

Movement: I'm guessing I answered that question.

Gender: A little girl.... and her closet that's filling up with clothes already can prove it.

Labor Signs: No no no...stay in there little girl, for at least 14-15 more weeks. Got it?

Belly Button in or out? It's still pretty normal.

What I miss: Can I admit to missing this and being scared to never see it again? Haha.

6 weeks


Weekly Wisdom: Embrace it all. The cramping, the heartburn (which I've not had much of!), the headaches, the belly rubbing, the growing bump, and those precious kicks.

Milestones: I'd say this difference of 10 weeks is a milestone in itself, eh? It proves there is a healthy little chica in there.

Photobucket

Favorite Moments: When Declan says goodbye in the morning and says, "I love you guys", and I can respond, "We love you too". Makes me melt. [And makes you throw up in your mouth a little...] Oh, and I find myself talking to her, too. At first, I felt weird about it--now, as casually as I'd talk to anyone else (but not out loud when others are around-I need to maintain my *sanity*), I'll feel her move in the morning for the first time and I'll say, "Good morning baby girl!" Although I may sound crazy, at least she's learning my voice, right? :)


*In all seriousness--I joke about a lot of things and make things fun and light when I can. I am indeed, enjoying this pregnancy. I feel privileged and in awe everyday at what my body is doing. It's seriously the coolest thing ever. Are there extremely awkward, uncomfortable and irritating moments? Yes--and there will be lots more. But, that doesn't take away from the fact of how much I do, indeed really love being pregnant.*

33 comments:

  1. Looking fab momma!! You will get that tummy back someday..no worries ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can SO relate on the oranges. I've gone through NINE boxes of clementines in the last month. Not so great for the heartburn, though.

    It's wonderful that you enjoy being pregnant. I'm so not that person. But, then again, this is my third so I'm all OMG PLEASE BE OVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will definitely see you pre-baby body again! You'll get back into it no problem! I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why, oh, why, didn't I take a pre-pregnancy belly shot? :(

    You look beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww..... this is so amazing. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us!!!

    BTW... I don't think it's weird that you talk with her!! There's something really, really special about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats...your progress is terrific! you're gonna look back on this blog entry and smile! our #4 is 15m and I charted my baby bump in my blog...it's amazing that this little creature can fit in there! can't wait to do it again...we're ttc #5! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your bump :) What a difference 10 weeks makes! 5lbs sounds great to me! Wish I could say 5lbs was all I've gained ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this..... and could that belly get any cuter??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your updates..I can totally relate to alot of what you're saying lol. The aching bones and joints in the morning..not always fun but it's part of the journey to our baby girls and if we really take it in...a sweet reminded that we have a little person growing in there! I have thought about maybe never being able to see my fit body again and it can be scary but I'm trying my best to eat healthy and moderately. I think I'm all baby weight and if having a baby means having to work a lil after to loose a few lbs i'll go for it. So happy to know you're hubby got to feel her...isn't the look on their faces amazing??? My husband talks to Karina and she moves it's so cute. Oh and I also talk to her but like you..when no one's around hahaha! We even pray together and I tell her how much the Lord loves her! It felt strange at first but now it's our routine! You are looking awesome btw! I've also wanted more fruit:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. your bump is so cute!! I think it's adorable that you talk to your little girl when she moves. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. she's def getting bigger!! your bump is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...'good morning baby girl!' So sweet! She totally is learning your voice and I think it's so cute you talk to her. I'm crazy enough to break into song to my (one day) fetus! Keep up the fun updates...LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you couldn't be happier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your belly update posts!! Your weekly wisdom was great, and many pregnant women forget that important thought. Although I complain about a lot of stuff (especially in these days of WAITING!) I always take a minute to be thankful and realize how truley blessed I am to be preggo.

    Also, about the acidic-ness, my main staple this pregnancy has been OJ, like foreals, so bad that one week I had little spots on my tongue from too much acid. Haha, we've all got our things that make us happy, no matter how much they upset our tummies or tongues!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always, you've got the cutest baby bump around!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great!! I love your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! You look too cute! I love seeing these weekly updates! Well, as of yesterday, no go (you know what I"m talking about) but my hopes are still up for next week! We shall see! :-) Otherwise, back to the drawing board... lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for growing bambinos!

    Have you tried the Old Navy "real waist" maternity pants? I have a pair in black (also available in khaki and brown), and they are my favorite dress pants! They button and have a fly like regular pants, but have two fairly discrete elastic panels on the sides. The panels are slightly adjustable, so you should be able to wear them most of your pregnancy.
    Don't know if you'll like them, but I think its nice to feel like you're wearing "real" pants.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is definitely a baby bump! And a very cute one at that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your blog is SO cute! I am glad I found it! Isn't pregnancy so exciting?! Can't wait till I am as far along as you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so cute!

    I can totally relate..I have been going through oranges and grapefruit like crazy!

    Have you tried Old Navy's "real waist" pants? I have them in black and pinstripe. I am also in education and have been struggling to find business casual pants. They have an adjustable side and are pretty comfortable. Plus you can get them for a good price when ON has their big deals!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the updates! What a difference 10 weeks makes... crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you look SO cute with your baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm terrified of never seeing my pre-preggo belly too...which I HATED before being pregnant, lol!

    And I totally understand the note at the end of your post. Pregnancy is a total blessing, and absolutely incredible. But sometimes it can really suck too! I always felt so bad about talking about the sucky parts though!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You really do have a great blog here. I have a blog myself which brings inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. Life is hard enough, and I hope my site can contribute anything positive to someone's day.

    I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Please let me know if this is possible. Until then, keep up the good work.

    Jason
    TheWISDOMWALL.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are a very cute prego...you look wonderful!

    Please follow me:
    thelifeandtimesofkatiescott.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Katie, did we have a class together at MU? You look SO familiar to me! I just found your blog today and it is so fun! I just had a baby girl this past summer so I can totally relate to everything you're going through! Blessings!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look great,
    This sounds so exciting. I have always been that girl since I was a little girl wanting to be pregnant. I guess I've always want to bring a new person to this world. I am in NO rush to have a baby but I know when I do I will be just as happy as you seem.

    Good luck with the pregnancy, I'm sure you will love it, seems like you are already. (:

    Kendra.

    ReplyDelete